Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 exhaust tips

JohnLowe

Hi again,

When the cars were new the exhaust tips must have looked matt silver. Has anyone ever successfully cleaned them and if so what did you use. Seems that not a lot of owners bother - even OPCs display the cars with dirty tips. Don't want to shell out for the replacement chrome ones so that's not an option. Surely there's something out there??? Tried wire wool (gently) - useless.

JohnL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7249

Where do you live as the kid who does odd jobs here took my old tips into his school and buffed them up on a Buffing machine they have in his Tech Class ! Cost me a tenner and they look like new. I sure he'd do yours as well. Whatever you do DON'T use wire wool.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7253

Thanks for the offer CT, Up in Liverpool, so will see if I can find someone to do a buffing job for me. JohnL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7337

I got my 993 just over a week ago and, like you, noticed the dirty finish on the exhaust tips. The OPC dealer suggested wire wool to clean them up but I tried T-Cut instead. It worked well but it will take a few more treatments before they're in prime condition again.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7362

Thanks Abdul, I'll give T-cut a try. JohnL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7374

They will discolour almost immeadiately it's the nature of the beast , the best you can hope for long term is to polish the outer visible radius regularly and now and then take them off and polish the bronzed remainder with a rotary tool (ie Dremel) and Solvol or similar

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7400

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back