Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 996 spec

Pete D

Hi

I'm a new member and just wanted to introduce myself (oh, and ask a question). My name is Pete and I currently have an Audi TT but I've decided it's time for a change.

I've spent most of my working day today trawling the web for help and info on buying a new 996. Basically I'm in a great position of being able to afford what has only really been a dream. Anyway, I started wanting a C4 but delivery is March/April 04 and I can't wait that long. So, I'm looking at a C2 coupe with a November 03 delivery. Looking through the brochure and price list I'm trying to decide what options I fancy. However, I'm aware that for resale purposes some extras are more desireable than others. The bits I'm thinking of spec'ing are: Psm, 18" wheels, and the sound pack but I was wondering what other items people have chosen that they could not "live" without.

Thanks for the helpPete

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7134

Bose & PSM & 18" wheels........you've hit the nail on the head.

Obviously add the 6xCD changer.

Consider the sports exhaust.

Don't go & be a pioneer with the colour scheme unless you want to narrow your selling on market.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7136

Good advice from Jay Jay as usual.
I would add PCM I think people buying a car like a porsche almost expect it to have sat nav.
PSM is essential in my opinion on a C2.
Incidentally I would have the Carrera wheels rather than turbo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7147

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by jay jay on 12 August 2003

Don't go & be a pioneer with the colour scheme unless you want to narrow your selling on market.
I was thinking of Lapis Blue with graphite grey interior, although the better half seems to think Orient Red with black leather would be more to her taste. To be honest none of the standard colours really float my boat but I'm not sure I want to splash out on a special order colour. (sorry, didnlt plan to get boat and splash into the same sentence).

Pete

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7150

Lapis is a great colour. My sister has this with a light grey leather interior and it is beautiful (may be graphite I'll ask her).
Orient red would definitely reduce your residual in my opinion.

Seal grey is cool too bit more masculine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7155

Just though you'd all like to know that I've bought an 8 month old 996 (rather than the new one I was planning).

It's C2 coupe that is 8 months old. I pick it up on Saturday - can't wait.

CheersPete

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7342

OK .....so what flavour is it?

If it's nephritey green paint & violata leather - you're a pioneer.

(Of course - i'm hoping now that it isn't - else i'll be apologising for my rudeness)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7343

Don't worry, it's metallic black with black leather. Probably a very popular combination. My wife thinks I will look like a drug dealer in it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7345

Don't forget the illuminated sills and jumping suspension. Perhaps get some dark glasses and start calling her "hoe"

sounds great just like mine used to be............ :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7355

Nice Pete D...very nice.

My current hack is black with red leather. I believe it to look a bit "tarty". So....Drugs Or Tarts. Reckon we've got this whole pimp thing sussed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7357

I like black with red. It always makes me think of red underwear?
Understated from the outside but wow when you get in!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7360

My wife has suggested I get the windows tinted to give it the full "dealer" look - she's not being being very contructive because she wanted me to get a red one.

I just can't wait to get my hands on it!!

Incidentally, the car has PCM but not the telephone option. The dealer has said it can be upgraded and they should get the kit in a few weeks time. Is this really the case?

Pete

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7368

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Olivia on 20 August 2003

I like black with red. It always makes me think of red underwear?Understated from the outside but wow when you get in!!
If you think thats wow...try our silver/nephrite green!

Colour is an entirely personal choice, no one can really give you advice on which to choose(speed yellow/black is very nice though :wink: )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7392

If you can afford a new 996 for God's sake forget it and buy a 'pre-owned' GT3

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7402

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by bones on 20 August 2003

If you can afford a new 996 for God's sake forget it and buy a 'pre-owned' GT3
Unfortunately the choice was not just limited by cost (which of course it also was). Any wide bodied version would be too big for the garage and my drive is so steep that anything with lowered suspension would not go up, so that precluded pretty much everything bar the C2 and C4. The C2 only just avoids catching (and if I get the angle wrong still does).

GT3 would be nice though. I'll ask the wife if we can move?!?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7404

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back