Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

oil warning light

foxiadam

Hi,

The oil light above the alternator warning light used to illuminate on my 3.2 at ignition.

Now it doesn't although the car starts and runs fine and cool even in this weather. The seatbelt warning lights never worked.

Does this mean the bulbs have blown (and how do you get at them?) or have I got a bigger problem?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6999

Hi there

Think you'll find the bulbs have blown on the oil light. Best way is to find the oil pressure sensor, remove the wires and bridge them, thus making a connection. If the light comes on, it;s not the bulb. If the light stays off, its the bulb. I'm sure its probably the bulb unless the oil sensor has gone, which is less likely. But then, I could be talking complete shi*te.

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7013

Andy

Thanks for that - sounds like good logic to me!

I'm going to wait till the weather eases up as it seems a shame to spend the day getting oily, and even in our new climate the oil temp doesn't rise over about 8 o'clock on the guage.

Do you just gently lever out the guage to get at the back?

Cheers - Adam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7059

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back