Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo pics

colintinto

Trainee
Surprised nobody else spotted these:

997TT1.jpg

Web link

997TT2.jpg

(Found them on Rennlist)

I like the new headlights, and the side vents, but I'm not so sure about the sticky out front spoiler. Rear looks a bit odd, but maybe it's not quite finished yet.

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6909

not sure that its that much different from the 996, nice though

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6911

Don't worry, the fixed spoiler and big vents won't make it into production. We can only really jude what it looks like once we've seen an undisguised version. It will basically have updated bodywork, and the X50 engine so 450hp, and a power kit for 480hp. Could've done with more of a power boost I think...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6914

Looks a bit of a ricer to me :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6915

Lol, no, because the intakes and wings serve a purpose, unlike on saxos!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6916

I think that it must be heavily disguised, otherwise I think it looks rank! Like a 996 thats been treated by the Mitsubishi EVO design team.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6917

I'm sure the guy driving it has his cap on backwards !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6918

It's still heavily disguised there.. the lights for instance.. they are now oval but they look standard 996 there.

Judge not ye until finished product doth arrive!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6921

Is that really a 997????? The pics that I saw in a Car mag (can't remember which one) made the car look quite different to the 996, this looks almost identical except for the demon tweeks kit!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6929

it is definately disguised. they used the same diguise for the standard 997 when it was spotted tearing round nurburgring. it is deliberately made to look like a 996 so not to attract too much attention. its a pretty subtle and clever diguise compared to the other maufacturers attempts of slappin on big black strange panels which actually draw more attention to the cars and make people look more carefully at what they are trying to cover.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6936

I do like those front lights! Sure that front bumper is available from Halfords for Vauxhall Nova merits, only its painted the same colour as the car, i didn't think that was possible?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6940

boxster4001.jpg

boxster4002.jpg

Boxster Coupe or 997 in disguise?????

An American trade mag believes that this is a Boxster Coupe.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7025

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamesM on 08 August 2003

An American trade mag believes that this is a Boxster Coupe.
A Boxster Coupe??? Well I suppose the hairdressers don't want to spoil their hair with the roof down :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7026

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back