Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The Porker on Holiday

sutchy

Spa-Francorchamps
Just thought I would tell you that we took the car to the South of France for the last few weeks and it behaved impeccably.

We covered nearly 2500 miles, sometimes averaging between 90-110 mph for several hours on the motorway and managed to get 23mpg according to the computer, very impressed. Oil consumption was excellent too although I havent done a proper dip stick test since being back, but cant see it needing more that 1 litre of oil.

The most impressive thing is that it is still in one peace. The french style of driving is to suddenly pull out in front of you whilst you are hurtling along at 100mph in the fast lane!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6430

Welcome back sutchy. You decided if you're going to Bedford on Saturday?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6432

Thanks CT, have you missed me?!

I've got a few things to do post holiday, so its looking a bit tight. Are you having second thoughts about the other half belting it around the aerodrome in your C2S?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6439

Sutchy

The french 'style' is only outclassed by the Swiss. You get the 'french pull out' combined with the Opel Vectra driving 12 inches behind you at maximum motorway speed. In the three years I lived there, I've never seen such horrendous crashes anywhere else in continental europe. They were always rear shunts where reaction time plus lack of space was the cause. It was never only two vehicles, and regularly over 10!!!. Fridays were always the worst day as you had the added spice of Italian/German/French/Austrian/Eastern European lorry drivers desperate not to get locked in or out for the weekend.

What country gets the vote for worst drivers? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6441

Hendo,

Yes you are absolutely right. I had several occassions where I was sitting behind another car in the fast lane waiting for it to pull over (without sitting right on its tail I hasten to add) and I would have an idiot behind me in his citroen saxo inches from my rear with his left indicator on and flashing me as if I was holding him up! :evil:

Needless to say when the lane cleared I left him for dead (Decompressing, please dont read any of this)

As for the country with the worst drivers in, it has to be Nigeria. Although I dare say I will be labelled as a racist b*****d for saying so. Closely followed by the French, Portuguese and Belgians (who all drive like Miss Marple in her Morris Minor) :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6443

Nah....I'm still going to let her have a blast round the track.If she can handle a shopping trolley in Sainsburys on a saturday morning (which is more than I bloody can I'll tell you !) then she won't have any trouble with the Porker. As for the worst drivers......it's got to be the Shermans. All they do is poodle along at 55mph on cruise conrol with their brains in netural.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6467

Just got back from Kenya, the Matatu (local minibus drivers) that ferry the masses around are totally mad.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6803

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 04 August 2003

Just got back from Kenya, the Matatu (local minibus drivers) that ferry the masses around are totally mad.
LOL, absolutely agree!!

I just love the hand signals that they've come up with as a way to tell the driver where they're going - One or two of them would cause a bit of road rage in the UK!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6814

I,m with poon!

I went over to Kenya a few years ago and had to ask a local which side of the road they actually drove on. nuff said!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6827

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back