Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not long now

Got a call from the dealer on Friday. My new car is being delivered sooner than expected. Should have it by the weekend. (only 7 days notice, normal?)

As long as it is the car i ordered it should be a C4S in Cobalt blue. Whith Metropole blue leather, Cobalt blue stitching, pcm2, sports seats, small allu pack, allu dials, seat crests, Bose, 6 cd, colour wheel crests, bi-zenon lights, cruise, heated seats.

I changed my mind on the sports exhaust but the dealer said i was to late to have it factory fitted, oops!. They wanted £2500 to dealer fit, still thinking on that one.

All i have to do now is wait i will post pics soon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6118

Hi Duncan

I had a "play" with a C4S yesterday and that had a sports exhaust and it sounded awesome (it made my 993 sound very ordinary). I think it is worth extra cash but £2,500 sounds a bit steep for dealer fit. How much are they factory fit?

Anyway, enjoy your new toy when it arrives.

Mark

993 Turbo 4

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6128

Hi Mark

Factory fit price on the sports exhaust is about £1170, So it was hard to justify the extra for dealer fit plus im sure they would have to remove some dash trim to fit the cut off switch, Not sure i want that.

But even without the sports exh. im sure i will manage a little smile :)

Thanks

Duncan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6133

Hi Duncan,

I think we exchanged messages previously on another board regarding delivery times and dealers in the north! I think you were using the Liverpool OPC if I remember correctly?

Strangely enough, I am due to collect my C4S this weekend also, from Porsche Centre Kendal. Sounds like they finally got around to making a few C4S's for us hardened waiters in the UK!

Hope your car is all that you want it to be... and good luck this weekend.

Gary D.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6218

I can't believe a dealer can justify charging to that level for an exhaust. You're right though about about most likely being able to manage a smile with your new car, even without the sports exhaust!!

Enjoy it!!! (you lucky *******!!)

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6238

Duncan

Congrats on the car. I had a C4S for 11 months before my GT3. I have a C4S cab on order also, which is due in Oct.

The sports Exhaust is the best Option available. I can't beleive they want £2500 to fit it though. I had mine fitted after delivery and I beleive I paid around £1700. The exhaust is about £1000 and then 8 hours labour on top. If you are not bothered about the mute switch (why would you turn it off?) then the mufflers can be fitted straight on in about an hour. Therefore you can have them installed for about 1300 including parts and VAT. Any compentent mechanic can fit the mufflers, it's the electronics which are the hard part.

Anyway enjoy, and do get a Sports Exhaust you will love it.

Cheers

Sean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6243

Sean

I will be working in the London area (Enfield) for 3 weeks in August, if you could let me have the dealer name and address i may look into having the sports exhaust fitted while im there. assuming you had it done locally to you.

Congrats on the GT3.

Also Ive read that Porsche have done a lot of work on reinforcing the C4S Cab. bodywork to give it the same driving feel as the coupe. Should be great.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6247

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back