Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Carrera 2 steering characteristics

John Malin

Can anyone advise.

On full lock, LH or RH will a 996 C2 with 18" wheels self centre when driven off at normal 'in town' (slowish) speeds.

I have previously only owned C4s and the steering characteristics of this C2 do seem different - could be 18" wheels! or that geometry needs tweaking.

Any views appreciated

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5313

''Previous C4s......''. What model are you referring to?

Of course they are going to handle and steer differently-one is 2WD the other 4WD.

Don't all car's steering wheels self centre? :?

Welcome to our marvellous site.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5319

(Or is it a thing called power steering?)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5320

Thanks for the comments and the welcome to the site - I'm very pleased to have discovered it.

I have owned C4 964.993 and 996, and under normal driving the steering characterists are not markedly different to my C2.

It is just the issue on full or nearly full lock when the tendency is for the steering is to turn further into the lock rather than out of it to the central position.

In all other respects the drive is excellent.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5323

If you're at all worried, let somebody at your local OPC drive it, and see what they say.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5325

I have done, and they say its OK.

I still have my doubts, so will get rechecked at another OPC - thanks for comments-I will let you know outcome.

Regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5326

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back