Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCGB Forum handbags

Jamie Summers

Sao Paulo
Has anyone else been following the ridiculous debate that's been going on for the last couple of days on the PCGB General discussion board ?

The 'powers that be' seem to have really lost the plot and the whole thing is disolving into the most farcical bout of big brother / nanny state over-protection that I've seen for some time.

It all started because someone had the timerity to question the Club's IT policy on the forum and was taken to a whole new level today when someone posted about doing a hundred and something miles an hour on the way back from LeMans.

The Club has disolved into apoplexy that the tabloid press will somehow get hold of this kind of 'irresponsible posting that reflects badly on the Club' and the world will end - oh please !

Thank the lord that we don't have this kind of ridiculous over-policing on 911uk ! If someone posts something innapropriate it seems that they are either ignored or laughed at without the need for over-dramatic deletion of threads and barring of members.

Long may this forum remain the home of good humoured, friendly, free thinking Porsche banter, free of the paranoia and power hungryness on display elsewhere.

Sermon over :D

The Very Reverend Jamie Summers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4920

I understand that a forum ought to have some rules / guidelines, and I have no doubt that this one does somewhere, but check this out as an example of how the PCGB go about it - shades of communist dictatorship anyone ? One must never question the 'Party' !

quote:12 Do not post questions or comments relating to the appropriateness of another member's post. Do not post questions or comments about the moderating of PCGB forums. In all cases, please report forum activity that you believe contradicts these rules, or questions about the moderating of the forums, to the Forum administrator or, if this does not provide a satisfactory answer, to PCGB HQ.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4921

LOL! I've heard that it's a little "stiff" over there, but that is unreal. Are they trying to alienate the entire Porsche community?

As for postings.. the more controversial the better!!!!

Incidently, a friend told me earlier today that his mate was caught "slowing down" from 200mph in his Mercerlariagiosomethingorother on the way back from Le Mans. £700 quid fine and a ban from driving in France for a few months. Worth it I reckon. 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4922

Just confirms to me what I thought pcgb would be. A very boring middle class group, being........well........middle classed.......and boring! Porsche post has some interesting bits in the classifieds but I prefer my gt porsche and purely porsche mag, not to mention christophorus.

Ps I do belong to pcgb as part of the whole porsche thing, and no, I wont be re-subscribing.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4923

I have been following it all as well, it totally bores me!

Poons post count on 911uk is 150ish

Poons count on PCGB is 10

Nuff said

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4926

My membership is up for renewal this month and this whole episode has really made me think twice about it. On balance I suppose it is just about worth it on the strength of PP and the odd discount available here or there - although I always seem to forget to ask for one !

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4928

You are right, the thought police are out in force on the PCGB forum, but it has got me in touch with some of the 912 owners. They are a great bunch of down to earth guys, no snootiness there.

PP is worth the subscription to me.

I'm jealous, as I only got up to 110 on the way back from Le Mans, but I did see loads of police and radar traps on the N138, and 2 early 911s were among the trapped.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4931

I shall refuse to join too then....solidarity brothers! :)

Sarbs, where can I get copies of gt porsche and purely porsche? Dont think I've seen those around...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4932

I think the caption competition on their home page sums up the PCGB heirarcy. This months winner, alongside a picture of a 944 is:

'I think my Porsche should be on the homepage because...it shines like the marque it belongs to!'

That says it all really. How about hacking the site and replacing it with:

"I can't think of a single reason why my Porsche should be on the homepage....but I'm a member of the PCGB management and you vill do vot I say.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4933

Having just had a look, it all sounds a bit daft, a case of over-moderation. Especially since they think that PCGB members only can read it: I'm not and I did...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4935

I've just tried to access their Forum but you have to be a memeber even to view it. That's a little *****. Who's the rule maker? Sigmund Freud?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4936

more more more more....! (sorry)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4937

- and I suspect my membership has been revoked now thanks to you lot :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4939

ct993 my thoughts exactly, if I wanted ***** on websites I wouldn't be looking through porsche sites....although mariah carey bent over a c4s (not mine, nobody leans on mine) and a tube of ky would be my dreams come true! Admin I may have a new request on the 911uk feedback/wanted section! It could really see membership rocket!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4952

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back