Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery Cut-Off Switch

sutchy

Spa-Francorchamps
Does anybody use one of these? I have just bought a 993 C4S and am wondering if the battery will drain if the car is left alarmed/immobilised and unused during the week?

I was thinking about garaging it, disabling the battery and locking it manually?

Is this the excessive mollycoddling of a paranoid new owner or a sound and well thought out idea?!! If so does anyone know a good place to buy one from as the lads in Halfords didnt seem to know what I was talking about

Many thanks

PS...pics of the beauty to follow soon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4770

Have you got power in your garage? If yes, get a "trickle charger".

How is the car ? How did you get on at Cridfords?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4771

....now there's a thought, thanks CT.

The car is fantastic although I havent really had a chance to nail it yet. Every time I nip out for a spin the other half comes running out too and she shrieks like a banshee whenever the needle is over 4000 rpm (groan!)

As for Cridfords, I have to say that they have been fine. No complaints, the car pretty much sailed through the PPI and I had the wheel alignment done too as I thought it was a good opportunity to have it looked at.

Only slight criticism is that the car was about 100 yards short of runnning out of fuel when I left, but then I guess thats my fault for not negotiating a full tank of petrol to be thrown in!

In terms of price I got her for £500 short of the asking (36900) plus 60,000 mile service, 12 months MOT and Tax thrown in. There were a couple of little things that came out on the PPI too that they sorted out (new electric passenger seat motor)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4774

Nice one. Has your other half shrieking like a banshee changed your mind about coming on the trackday next monday !!??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4776

Yes I think I have been converted, although I cant go next monday unfortunately.

I might however go to the Bedford Autodrome on the 26th July via RMA, have you been there?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4784

Bedford is a great track. Loads of run off space if you overcook it on the corners (which I'm sure you won't in your 4S !). I'm up for the 26th. What about an unofficial "911uk" day? Anybody else fancy it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4797

Our old 993 used to get a flat battery after just a few days of non use....before we got a new battery. Unless the battery has been changed recently, you might want to consider a new one. After we got a new battery ours never went flat, and sounded better too!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4809

Congratulations on your purchase, hope you enjoy it think when you do finally nail it you will find that can travel in excess of 100 in third. (obviously on a race track),

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4811

It's an extra measure of security if you fit one of these......especially if the car is laid up in the winter months . Cost me about £5.00 from a local auto electrician or try ebay .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4813

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back