Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil level sender replacement

Singh

I need to replace this unit.

Is it a matter of, turn off the engine, disconnect the single wire from the sender. Remove the sender with a spanner, and replace?

Any help would be useful

Thanks

Amo

London
UK

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4654

Hi,

Difficult to tell because of all the muck/underseal etc but i've just looked at mine, and i reckon there are two wires to complete the circuit. That could be your problem rather than the actual sender.

I have seen an article on replacing the sender on one of the sites often referred to here - could be pelican parts, might have been 911 & porsche - and i do remember the importance of gasket renewal or you'll lose oil through it. i would have a rumage around in the wheelarch for a second wire and have a butchers at another car for comparason before shelling out cash and time on it.

I also understand that the level gauge often fails for a number of reasons and people often put up with it, but personally i find it very reassuring so see i've got some oil left in the car as opposed to on the heat exchangers!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4701

Have a look at this, then go into "technical" and all will be revealed, assuming you have a 964.

Good luck

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4735

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back