Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The forum is *NOT* quiet today!

JamesM

Hockenheim
No posts in the last 2 hours!

Where is everyone?????

:eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4359

And there's me with the day off work (well kind of!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4360

Out to lunch in the peeing rain but saw a nice 993 in the Telewest car park which worth a squizz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4364

Well, if you're all bored out there I'll tell you what's happening to my car next week ........

It's going into Chelsea Carrera for a first go at getting the thing to stop and go in the right direction prior to the 'can you handle it' day ! I'm having the following done.

1. 7'' Fuchs rims on the front (to go with the 8'' on the back)

2. Braided brake hoses

3. Porterfield RS-4 pads all round

4. ATE Blue dot. 4 brake fluid

5. Turbo tie-rod kit

6. New set of Toyo Proxes T1-S all round

7. Full 4 wheel alignment

8. New bright bulbs for the headlights - clearly the carrots aren't doing the trick for seeing in the dark !

So with any luck my car should be rather a different beast to my first outing on the 'can you handle it' day - well that's the theory anyway ! The good thing i suppose is that I found out that my car really didn't handle well by doing the day in the first place !

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4367

Sorry Phil! :)

Jamie, thanks for posting that, you've actually reminded me about a question that I wanted to post regarding alignment.

How often should this be done to a 993????

BTW - You should be flying at the track day!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4370

Now you've got me worried Jamie .....I guess it will be cheque book time for a few of us after the 6th !!!! :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4374

Well I've already got a set of rear ordered to be fitted on the 7th, just in case I can't get a hire car!

:twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4384

JamesM, stop being a girl, bring the beast and sod the hire car !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4385

Oh yeah, I don't think there's any hard and fast rule about how often you should have the alignment done - but I'm lead to believe that 993s are slightly more prone to going out of alignment and hence benefit most from regular check ups. I think most people would agree that unless you are doing a lot of hard driving, once a year should be sufficient. Also any time you have any kind of suspension modification done eg uprated shocks / lowering etc. you should have the alignment checked.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4387

Thanks Jamie!

I don't know when it was last done, but I'm booking a services for w/c 7th July so I'll ask the OPC to do the alignment then as well.

BTW - I think that the 'beast' may come out for a few laps! 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4388

Been in Lisbon, on business!

Got there thursday 6pm, started work 7pm on Friday clocked off at 11pm left the hotel at 4pm on Saturday. Spent most of the time sunbathing.

Excellent :wink:

Back now, 20 forum post notifications awaiting.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4402

Even quieter today!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4411

well, the sun is out :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4412

and the curry is on the table :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4413

Sun is out? We just had a tropical storm here!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4414

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back