Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new dark horse!

willisit

Okay here they are... my "new" 993.. Love her to bits.. but I'm new to this 993 lark so bear with me!

So far I've swapped the orange indicators for black LED ones and she now sports a small "911" badge on the boot...

EyCyaBN1isId.jpg

W4ofllvsuXA8.jpg

qgzH7tOlovEJ.jpg

dUKHHzPtb9dp.jpg

vue5MwWVw22H.jpg

Ug9RCfDVf5DE.jpg

3i9RG3vdKLU6.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4256

Great car, Great pics. Black 'n' Black - mean 'n' tasty. Have you put the wheels on ? what are they ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4257

Thanks Jay,

The wheels are BBS split rims.. not sure on the exact name (I have it at home somewhere). I didn't put them on, the precious owner did. I asked him if he had the originals but he sold them when he fitted these.. I like them but would prefer turbo look rims!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4258

Nice on Dan, looks great!!

Get some Zymol treat onto that leather! :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4259

I'm confused by all this Zymol stuff... why is it so good... and why should I spend £100 on a kit? ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4260

The Zymol stuff (IMHO) is superb! I've been using it for a couple of years now and I defiantely wouldn't look at using another type of wax on my cars. The £100 starter kit includes wax (which will last for at least a couple of years usage), and pre-cleaner called HD-Cleanse and Leather Treat (which speaks for itself).

The HD-Cleanse will help to remove the "decontamination" from your paintwork which is ground in day after day of everyday use, and bring it back to a 'glass-like' finish.

The wax is then applies and make the car very slippery and adds an excellent layer of protection against small paint chips / swirl marks etc. It makes cleaning the car easier as well, as things like bugs and flies don't stick!

The leather treat is superb and will add moisture to your seats to ensure that they stay supple. Very easy to apply and bring back a lot of the colour that they had when new. It's very clean to apply and doesn't leave white marks in the little dots in the leather.

But it, you know it makes sense!

8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4261

So you're saying I should buy it then... oh alright then! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4262

V V V nice

Agree with you on the wheels, IMHO, the originals are always the better visually. By the way, the only think Jamesm forgot to mention on the zymol front, was that you need to be based in southern spain for the correct temperature for application, set aside 6 hours or so, and until then, get 'elbow grease' training in. Pressups on your finger tips wearing a 400 pound bergen should do it :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4268

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Hendo on 04 June 2003

Jamesm forgot to mention on the zymol front, was that you need to be based in southern spain for the correct temperature for application, set aside 6 hours or so, and until then, get 'elbow grease' training in. Pressups on your finger tips wearing a 400 pound bergen should do it :wink:

Very true! Make sure that you order a nice big can of Elbow Grease! :D
It's better than going to the Gym!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4269

Often do the pressups on the finger-tips (Kickboxing!) so that shouldn't be a problem!

You know.. that ain't a great advert for it!

Okay.. so where can I get some turbo wheels from?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4273

Very nice Dan,

But I would leave on those rims - I have two black 964s near me both with turbo rims and a lot of the cars I saw for sale when looking for my car had them too - way too common and best reserved for the real thing (no offence - just my opinion!)

As for the press ups - when training (taekwondo) we did them on the index and middle knuckles which were nasty on dirty floors but have given me polishing hands of steel!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4277

Well I used to do one arm press ups, on the tip on my little finger with my feet on a box for tiddlywinks.... so there.

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4279

nice car.

just a note you have your tax disc on the wrong side! it should be n/side

have fun

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4283

Nice one!

Yeah, I agree with Dunc, leave on the rims it looks different. Black on black just like mine :wink:

See my thread on Zymol, you need the Destiny, Concours, Creme kit, my black paint came up tops with the Destiny.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4284

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back