Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

From TT to 993

David

i've gone and done it. Sent back my 1 year old TT (on lease) and bought a '94 993 C2. All history and lush looking - 86k miles.

So how does it stack up against the TT?

No comparison. I can now see that the TT was a very unengaging drive. The 993, whilst having oodles more power, feels like a sports car. You can feel the road through the steering wheel. Also a 1.7litre turbo against the torque (and delicious sound) of a 3.6 6cyl is hugely different.

I have more people wanting to cut me up though now and i am trying to be quite zen about that and not lower myself to revenge. It's proving difficult though...

You know all this i'm sure but i just wanted to say it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4239

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by David on 03 June 2003

I have more people wanting to cut me up though now and i am trying to be quite zen about that and not lower myself to revenge. It's proving difficult though...

You know all this i'm sure but i just wanted to say it.
Firstly, well done mate - The 993 is a superb bit of kit. Make sure that you sign up for the Track day on the 6th July, to find out what it's really all about!

Secondly, I've never had any issues with people while driving my 993. I find that lots of people want to try and race, but I usually go out of my way to let people out of junctions, change lanes on motorways etc, just to see their faces. They're normally thinking " this Porsche w*nker won't let me out", give them and flash and watch their face!!! They're normally very grateful!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4244

David. Congratulations. Enjoy your new car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4245

Yes congratulations on an excellent choice!

As for the cutting up issue I, like James, have had no problems other than idiots in Novas trying to race. Also, lots of people let me out at junctions etc.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4249

Congrats mate... I love my new 993 to bits.. just such an amazing machine! (and mine's not mint by a long way)

People, so far, have been much nicer to me in the 993 than in my Calibra (heavily modified)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4253

Interesting post for me, David: I am thinking (day-dreaming) of a 993 to replace my Audi S3.

Previously I had an Elise, and before that a Westfield (for seven years !). The Audi was an attempt to get more practicality (and reliability) without sacrificing all the fun; it's great at the former but hopeless for the latter (a TT is a bit better IMO - feels less heavy). I always believed that a 911 is the only real drivers car that can hold a candle to a seven/Elise, but with that extra bit of practicality. Unfortunately I have never driven one to find out, so thanks for the info.

How much more are the running costs compared to the TT ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4297

you can always replace the money but you can never replace the time. :)

seize the day as it may be your last

Clive

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4299

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back