Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

weight loss

btwango

without being too radical how much mass can i remove from my 996 turbo?

thanx

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4065

I can see this one becoming quite funny!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4066

Youll start with taking out the radio and end up replacing all the panels with carbonfibre :wink:
. Seriously though, things to consider: - lightweight seats, removal of radio, removal of air con, lighter wheels etc......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4069

Has anyone ever heard of lightening a 996 Turbo? I thought part of the attraction was speed in style and luxury?

Regardless, you could add to the list: removal of some sound-deadening, removal of rear seats

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4070

I bet u wish u bought a gt2 now, as it seems now you want a lightweight beastie :wink:

(cough, 200th post, cough)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4073

Now every
100 posts Im going to change my font colour....you guys are gonna have to live with this for a few months :wink:
. On the wight loss issue. the front hood can be replaced with kevlar or similar, to lose 30 lbs or so. The seats are where you should start. One piece recaro or other buckets are what you should look for.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4074

Oh and lighter suspension.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4075

Will you stop if I give you another star? Or do you have other demands?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4076

Lol! Erm no, a star will be all thanks. There are so many things you can take out of a turbo! ummmmm lighter gearbox?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4077

:D :eek:
3 stars, thanks James. I assumed you want your turbo to go faster. The 1 thing that will improve speed the most is a good driver :wink:
. Go on a handling course first of all, in case u take stuff out and regret it later, when you couldve got the same extra speed out of yourself!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4079

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back