Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 engine upgrades

poon

Magny-Cours
Had my Black 993 for 500 miles now and am thinking of remapping the ECU and getting a sports exhaust, can anyone give their opinions on whether it is worthwhile and recommended tuners.

I did it with my 964, but the 993 feels much stronger and livelier (it is not even a varioram).

Is it worthwhile?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3950

I'd be interested too... mine's not a Varioram either but I'd certainly like to hear people's opinions

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3955

I just recently had some work done by Tech9 in Hale they fitted a new exhaust 2* 100cell race cats a performance airfilter & Box & remapped my ECU (not a chip exchange) This was quite expensive but the car goes & sounds fantastic.

You need to speak with a guy called Alan Dyde he was very helpful. I actually visited Tech 9 before just to make sure they wer legit. They need your car for a couple of days & can arrange for it to be collected on a trailer.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3957

Miffy,

Hale, is that near Cheshire?

What exhaust did they fit and do you know what the revised power (BHP/torque) figures are? Especially how the mid range has been affected, as this is where most engines spend most of the time, and where you notice the difference on the road.

Did they provide before and after mapping charts?

Lastly how much is expensive? My 964 remap, airbox and exhaust work cost about a grand. Or a cecil (for readers of a previous post of mine :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3977

They told me that my car would be putting out 315BHP with all the upgrades. I am waiting for the dyno charts to come in the post. Ihave noticed though that all the new power is coming in the mid range from about 3500rpm. My car has varioram so their is still a burst of power when it hits 5k rpm but not as pronounced as beforewhich was a bit disapointing to start with until I looked at the speedo

It cost more than a cecil in fact about 4 cecils but I did have some other work done. Adjustable suspension & braded hoses

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3987

Poon

Sorry, Hale is between Manchester & Liverpool south of the river. If you need the contact details let me know.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3988

Miffy,

Cheers for that, so about 30bhp improvement, about right for a remap, airbox and zorst.

Would prefer someone local or at least in the south, might speak to AMD as well as JZ.

Still seriously considering JZ's 3.8 conversion, at £8k not cheap but should give excellent torque.

Anyone had or driven a 3.8l vs 3.6l?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4001

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back