Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Picked up my 996, with 2 problems

RupertClark

Hello all

I picked up my new (to me) 1999 Carrera 2 coupe today but I have 2 problems:

First the instrument panel does not light up in the dark (or at any time for that matter). I have tried turning the light adjustment but there was nothing. Is is a fuse or could all the bulbs have gone (including the ones on the side ie.aircon and the Auto Transmision selector)

Second the manual said even the basic seat has an electric height adjustment, is this true as the backrest works but I cannot adjust the height

Any help would be much appreciated

Rupert

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3054

The basics seats only have backrest adjustment, theres an option for fully electric seats. Cant help you with the instrument panel.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3061

Instrument panel sounds like a fuse. Checking them should be pretty easy. I imagine the manual will have details of which fuse is which.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3074

Thanks for the help guys, yes it was simply a fuse (I would have thought the garage should have checked things like this first).

Also I did not realise the seat height adjustment was manual, I just though it didn't have one. I did not try pulling the lever that hard!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3105

ummm.... i think sport seats have manual adjustment on height, electric backrest adjustment.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3387

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back