Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 in vesuvius

JamesL

Trainee
Here is my week old 1997 993 in wonderful ;) vesuvius

I'll post some better pics once I've Zymolled it to death.

Jim

car4.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2073

V. Nice - Where did you buy it from Jim?

Also - are those mirrors silver or is it just the reflection?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2075

Phil - I got it from Camtune .... the mirrors and door handles are in a silvery/purplish finish. Some type of Ltd edition I was told. Supposedly the original wheels (17") were also in the same colour scheme but were changed to 18" turbos. Its a 2S and the rear wheels need a bit of a refurbish, but I am holding off a bit until I learn to park it properly!! On the whole I am v pleased with my first week of porsche ownership though I did make a prat of myself today stalling having selected 3rd when trying to join the A3, and there just had to be an audience :( .

Jim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2077

looks really nice Jim, you need to show post zymol pics as it already looks super shiney! White/clear repeaters would look really cool too. What colour is the interior?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2085

Beautiful. I really am a sucker for a nice 993..

Nathan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2087

Thanks Sarbs I am yet another new porsche owner with a smile stuck to his face. Yes I do intend to change the lights and have been wondering about a sports exhaust as well. The interior is chestnut (browny red to you and me). Its not to everyone's taste but I like it. The finish on the paint looks a tad better in the picture than it actually is, after all it is six years old. I am just waiting for a little dry warm weather to give it the once over as I have heard that the temp needs to be 65F or over for the wax it stick properly ??.

Jim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2090

that's a beauty....interior colour looks just right as a contrast.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2092

PIG!!!

I'd spotted that'un and was about to enquire....ah well....he who dithers..

I looks stunning...lets see some more photos and I wish you well with her

back to the adverts.......ho hum,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2106

Thanks Doc

don't despair it happened to me -- I was really interested in the midnight blue 993 that JamesM bought in Belfast. It looked so good ... I dithered ... and hey presto it went and he seems very happy with it.

You'll find the one you want in the end ... just be patient, and remember the hunt can be great fun too.

Jim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2107

Looks good Jim, and yes I'm well chuffed with my Belfast 993! :)

Have to agree with Sarbs, it does look very shiny already, adding Zymol to that base will be unreal. Are you going to give it the clay bar treatment as well?

I'm changing the side repeaters to clear on mine, it will definately enhance the look of the car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2596

Old forum user Unidentified(4266) wrote:

Looks superb.

Porsche had to move on and the 996 is a great car, especially the C4S but there really is something special about the 993 shape for me....hope the 997 will recapture these lines.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2653

Ta robut .... there seem to be a lot of people moving up to C4Ss ?

I have always loved the lines of the 993 - I still think I prefer them to 996s - though I am not using mine as a daily driver.

anyway here is another pic - outside this time - I'll do one with the new side repeaters soon.

car6.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2657

Schweet!!! :lol:

Are the grills on the rear 'fin' a different colour - Looks great!

EDIT - I've had mine for almost 3 months now and I didn't notice that the inserts on mine are also Grey!!! :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2658

Yes James the grills, mirrors and door handles are silvery - I was told that the original wheels were this colour as well ... not sure that was a good ide though ....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2659

Really nice!

Fantastic colour. Enjoy

His :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2667

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back