Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

yeras and engines

imported_paul b

hi

because of the Insurance implications wiith a car i am considering buying i wondred if anyone knows whether it is possible to have a 911 1971 with a 2.4 engine........i have found out that because the way the factory works a car built in sept.oct 71 could have the 72 2.4 engine.....i am lloking at a 1971 T with a 1973.5 2.4 engine with elec injection.......to tell the insurers i was going to say its a 1971 TE 2.4.....could a car like that exist ?....i can get cover with the modification but its alot cheape without the correct disclosure !!

does anyone have thoughts on this engine over say a 2.2T with zenith carbs......a car has just apperared like this but its £1500 more than the one i have found and was going to buy......i sway towards the injection fo MPG in London and i dont really want to spend the
extra ..any thoughts would be appreciated !

thanks

paul (neraly a classic 911 owner!!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2054

1. Do not mislead the Insurance company. They may not pay out in the case of a claim

2. Post the chassis and engine numbers.

3. Buy a standard car

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2056

thanks nick

spoke to insurers again...they will accept a letter from Chris Turner Posrche Specilaist that the engine is fited correctly (which he has confirmed)....i will get the engine and chassis numbers on sunday.....

buy a standard car !!!!!........i know what you mean but if i can inform the insureres i feel alot happier

thanks for your reply

paul

Migration info. Legacy thread was 2061

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back