Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C2/4 Upgrade

Darren J

Hello chaps, I have seen an advert on essential styling for bumpers etc that can be fitted to pre '89 carreras to give it a C2 look. I have an '86 SSE and was wondering if anybody has looked into this/done this before ?

The reason I'm considering is that although my car is reasonably old I feel its a good example of the model, so rather than go out and get a C2 for what it may cost to carry out the conversion at least I know what I have got !

Any thoughts on if this will effect the resale price and Insurance would be appreciated.

Cheers

:)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1950

My own view is that upgrading cars to look like newer models is a bit naff. I would be more tempted to buy front and rear RUF bumpers instead which look great and don't make it look like you are dressing up a 3.2 in a C2's clothing. (They are also usefully lighter)

Resale-wise I would expect value to drop a little if anything. Your Insurance company should be told but probably wouldn't change your premium ( just my guess!)

Just my personal opinion though.

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1951

I'm with James on this one, I'm not keen on cars that pretend to be something they're not. There are so many crappy Bimmers around with big spoilers / cheap alloys and M3 badges when they're nothing more than a knackered 318i. Any Porsche is a 'proper' car and I certainly don't feel any need to make it look like a newer one. I'm keen on making mine look as great as it can without changing the overall appearance ie adjust the ride height to get the wheels to fill the arches / nice paint / nice detailing etc.

At the end of the day it's 'each to his own' but I prefer an 'original' look. As James says, this kind of cosmetic upgrade is unlikely to do anything other than reduce re-sale value as it always raises the question of whether you are trying to hide something.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1952

Keep it real... Keep that 80's character it's cool

C2 kit will turn it into a fake!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1977

max it up, get yourself down your local cruise and get a nice sun visor fitted, lol

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1979

Okay I get the picture, it was only a thought nothing more.....

On refelection I agree with whats been said, and the idea has been consigned to the bin ! :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1990

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back