Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993rs lhd

pokemon

Silverstone
Hi everyone,

I looked at a 993RS in the continent. The seller wants 65000Euros. The car has done 35000km, has some extras such as coloured gear lever/brake lever/optional leather steering wheel. The car has small stone chips in the front but no dents/scratches and the wheels are pristine. There is a Heigo half cage also. Used on tracks on club days but it appears to be well cared for. What do you guys reckon?

His

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1118

Price sounds about right without being a bargin but there again they are holding their value well these days.

Mileage sounds good - possibly too good. I would check the condition & paperwork matches the claimed mileage.

The options sound nice but not valuable.

Stone chips are expected and unavoidable, especially on a tracked car.

Pristine wheels is a good sign - original mags?

Is the cage factory-fitted? If so it is a bonus, if not no problem.

Sounds like a good car to me. Nice... very nice!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1139

Thanks James,

The owner likes going to the track a couple of times a year. not driven in the winter, takes the wheels to a tyre-fitter who do not scratch the wheels so the original Speedlines without scratches. He also had a 7 year old Beemer 740 and it was again in a pristine condition inside and out. He has driven all the RS variants since the 70s and has some expertise in driving these cars. I am inclined to believe that the car has been looked after well. Provided OPC checks out OK and the Pound doesn't nose-dive VS the Euro then I hope to buy the car in spring (he has not got tax on car during winter months).

His

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1144

His.

I got mixed up with the 964RS / 993 RS wheels before - sorry for the confusion.

The more you write the better it sounds! Is there anyway you can secure a "1st option to buy" on the car? It would be a shame for it to slip through your fingers between now and "the spring". Exciting stuff!!! Keep us uptodate with the purchase.

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1145

Had a ride in one (LHD, sourced from Germany) at Brands Hatch just before Christmas.

It was stunning.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1151

I think the 993RS wheels are magnesium from Speedline aren't they? (correct me if I'm wrong). As for the 1st option to buy hopefully he will sell it to me as he asked if I was seriously considering the purchase he will not readvertise the car. Unless something happens I hope no gazumping will happen.

His

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1157

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back