Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Baby on the way

daogle

Has anybody any advice re:running a 993 as a family car? I was going to buy one this year as my first Porsche (have been waiting for ages!) but have just found out that my wife is pregnant! Is it possible to have both?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1020

Well, I bought my 3.2 Carrera when my wife was about 6 months pregnant! It's not my main car but we do go for days out in it. The childseat is a real tight fit and means my wife has to have her seat fully forward, which is not very comfortable on long journeys. I've also got a 5 year old son to fit in the back as well! We had to buy a new pushchair which would fit in the front - there are not many that do (I don't know how the boot space compares on a 993 with a 3.2)

It's not as impractical as you might think, but then it's far from ideal.

Nathan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1021

I have a 6 month old daughter and a 993 (1 month old too me ) .You really need another hack. I run 15 year old pajero but I 've bought a roof rack for the 993.The difficulty is with the rear facing childseats you can fit these in the front but it costs £165 to have the airbag deactivated its a special bar thing that your OPC can fit. My advise is do it and then worry about it afterwards!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1028

hmmmm......If it was my dilema i'd go for........ a tow bar and caravan! Thus allowing the children ample space in the 993 with me, and the wife to hoover the caravan!

Im not charging for my first consultation! ha ha.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1029

...and the wife to hoover the caravan!

:twisted:

Like it..!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1031

Many thanks for the replies. The leaning was towards getting the 993 and worrying afterwards particularly because living in town means not that many journeys will have to be made. Now it's a case of finding the right one!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 1037

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back