Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993's, Headroom etc

Doc T

Hi folks

Just what sort of headroom improvements can be made with 993 coupes with regard to seat types, ie are sports seats able to be set lower than standard ones, are full electric ones unable to be set as low as manual etc etc.

I'm a big (wide) 6'3" and with a helmet on, My mates 3.2 is no problem (its a cab ;-} ) but I'm looking for a coupe.

thanks in advance

Doc T

Migration info. Legacy thread was 913

Not sure whether sports seats are any lower than standard, but I don't think so. They only solutions I have heard to getting more headroom are:

1) Get a coupe without a sunroof - that frees up an inch or so

2) Take out the standard kit that fixes the seat to the seat rails and instead fix the seat directly to the floor. You will loose any adjustment doing this though, and given you family (mentioned in other posts) this might not be practical

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 924

Just remembered

3) Take some padding out of the seat - this can free up approx another inch

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 925

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane