Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

quite pleased with this one...

s marjoram

3983406.DSCN8022.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121

Stefan,

Any chance you could re-activate this image?

Cheers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 164

Niall - that's a real nice SC you have there, thanks for posting it up :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 248

Niall

What colour is that? Minerva blue? It looks great.

James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 249

Light Blue Metallic (30T). Half cream leather interior (although a bit scuffed - thinking of using some of that leather restorer advertised in Porsche & 911 World) and black dash.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 251

Hi Niall

Nice pic, ere's an idea. Our cars look like they are the same colour, if yours has the correct spoiler for my model and you would like my turbo one we could do swapsies!

regards

Keith

Migration info. Legacy thread was 315

They look very similar in colour, but I'm just checking my 911 Red Book, and I can't see Light Blue Metallic as either a standard or optional colour on the 1986 Carrera - I don't suppose you've come across your paint code yet? (I think it is sometimes on the door post, or I found mine on the bodywork in the engine bay)

If you let me know the chassis and engine number I can have a quick look in the book and get you any more detail.

I have a feeling that we both have the same spoilers, but maybe some others on the forum can confirm.

Niall

Migration info. Legacy thread was 318

You do both have the same turbo spoiler, also known as the tea-tray. I believe it was an option of the SC and Carrera 3.2 although these days people seem to prefer the whale-tail on narrow-bodied cars (ie non-turbo) - but this is purely a matter of opinion. The turbo spoiler is a bit bigger and has the black, rubber sides.

This is the whale-tail (although they yellow part is normally black)
lrpswamp.jpg

and this is the turbo tail:
IMGP0970.jpg

(recognise the car :wink: )

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 320

Yes James you are right, Niall and I do have the same spoiler. Niall thanks for offering to help with the red book I'll e-mail the no.s to you later. What a lovely day for a blast along the A120!

Cheers

Keith

Migration info. Legacy thread was 322

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back