Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know either of these two 997 GT3s?

B19TOY

Trainee
There are two white 997 GT3 Clubsports listed on Autotrader, one with Joseph Shaw near Manchester, and one with Ashgood Classic and Sports Cars near Slough.

I wondered if someone on here might have some knowledge of their history, or possibly have enjoyed previous ownership?

Would be grateful for any info.

I do not know either of them although the Joseph Shaw one has an aftermarket cage and what some GT owners consider to be high mileage (54,000 miles - we don't them being driven :D ) which may put some buyers off.

The Ashgood one seems more OEM with a factory rollcage @ £59,000 and the 'proper' alcantara seat covers (still high mileage 60,000 :D ).

I like the fact that both seem ore like drivers cars with no communications package - not needed on track.

Now has to be the time to buy with markets at all time lows and everybody about to sucuumb to the pandemic. Prices could of course dip further when everyone re-evaluates their lives.

Good luck.

Pip

Attachments

• 997_2006_gt3_64995_212.pdf
    162.2 KB · Views: 64
Pip, thanks for the insight on their differences, interesting.

Considering an occasional, but regular, track day car that will not be used as a daily.

David

B19TOY said:
Pip, thanks for the insight on their differences, interesting.

Considering an occasional, but regular, track day car that will not be used as a daily.

David

If its up for 59, then they probably got it for 45-50.

Also, is your GT2 RHD and the RUF one?

Interesting to speculate, but guess they have to make a margin of some kind.

My GT2 is an original UK supplied car, OPC Leeds. Standard apart from Surface Transforms ceramics, a Tubi and a short shift. Was out to play in the sunshine on the RS day at Oulton earlier this month.

ill drop you a pm about price.

As for your GT2, ah ok, i thought there was only one SY GT2 in the country and its RUF tuned. SOmeone years ago said there was no C16 SY cars so they lied to me.

What size did you go for with the ST discs as when i enquired, they didnt make them for the 996 GT3 or did you have yours recoated?

reply in the pm if you feel

the white 997 at ashgood is an OEM club sport with Nomex seats so money goes there for me.

also 60k on a mezger. bah its barely run in. its not a Carrera/C2S engine after all.

Initial impression, considering comments on original spec, Ashgood car would seem the better option.

Thanks

its got ceramics too and the carbon interior and that CS spec is killer for me.

ceramics can be an issue on older cars but you can tell the condition on inspection. wrecked ones are rough to the touch and look for the darker coloured shape like a 50p on the outside face. if you see that they are done and need changing/resurfacing.

B19TOY said:
Initial impression, considering comments on original spec, Ashgood car would seem the better option.

Thanks
From all accounts, they seem good guys to deal with.

If you have a budget, then, as others say I'd not let mileage put you off. There's not much about for sale, but the entry point for lower mileage Clubsports is going to be a fair bit more.

if its not a daily car then the mileage will come down relatively speaking over a few years

good to see one used and a lot of the 30/40k mileage issues ironed out

NLW73 said:
ceramics can be an issue on older cars but you can tell the condition on inspection. wrecked ones are rough to the touch and look for the darker coloured shape like a 50p on the outside face. if you see that they are done and need changing/resurfacing.
Theat generation of PCCBs aren't any good on track anyway; don't last.

OP would be advised to stick some Alcon steel discs instead or go the full Surface Transform like he has on the GT2. But I am sure he knows all that.

Diggermeister said:
NLW73 said:
Theat generation of PCCBs aren't any good on track anyway; don't last.

OP would be advised to stick some Alcon steel discs instead or go the full Surface Transform like he has on the GT2. But I am sure he knows all that.

Indeed that does describe my GT2 PCCB brakes experience, swapped them out and went through several Alcon discs (front) before going for ST ceramics.

If I do progress on the GT3, the plan would be to fit ST.

And I still have the GT2 PCCBs and final set of Alcons stored in a box, for posterity.

NLW73 said:
if its not a daily car then the mileage will come down relatively speaking over a few years

good to see one used and a lot of the 30/40k mileage issues ironed out

Yes I would probably drive under 3k per year.

What issues are there that I should be looking for? How robust is the LSD for track use?

Diggermeister said:
B19TOY said:

Thanks
From all accounts, they seem good guys to deal with.

That is really good to know, thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back