Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window switch part numbers

portreathbeach

Silverstone

Attachments

• screen_shot_2020_03_22_at_104516_792.png
    screen_shot_2020_03_22_at_104516_792.png
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,423
  • screen_shot_2020_03_22_at_104504_756.png
    screen_shot_2020_03_22_at_104504_756.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 1,423
portreathbeach said:
...There seems to be loads of different part numbers (see attached images).

What's the difference in them all?

I'm guessing you grabbed those images from Porsche's PET/Catalog?

If not, I highly recommend downloading it from here (select from the pull down menus):

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/genuineparts/originalpartscatalogue/

If you go to the beginning of that doc, there's info on how to decode all that stuff.

Things like the option codes, '/LL" = left hand drive, model-year limitations, etc.

Karl.

Yeah, I got the entire PDF with all the part numbers...

My car is a 2004 (date code 05) 997.1 Carrera S Tip, so do I need this one...

1)
- 997 613 155 02
- Switch
- Power windows
- Passenger's side
- /RL 05
- 997 613 155 02 A05
- Black mat

(/RL 05, right hand drive 2005)

or

2)
997 613 155 04
Switch /RL -07
Power windows
Passenger's side
/RL -07
997 613 155 04 A05
Black mat

(/RL -07, right hand drive to 2007)

Why do they have to have so different ones.

If you phone an OPC parts dept .. give them the chassis number and ask for cost and availability ..

Then ask for the part number , you can then source it elsewhere if needed ..

Sometimes though OPC parts are a sensible cost and worth getting direct from them .

Cool. Thanks. I just bought that exact part from a seller on eBay. £30 brand new with free postage.

Just a quick question...

Why would an early car have a different part number for this to a later one. Surely they would only have one door panel for all the 997s, so only would fit one switch, wouldn't they?

...Oh, I forgot, bloody cars seem to have multiple parts for the same year. I had a Vauxhall Signum once, where I needed an idler for the aux belt. There were 3 different ones for the same engine code for the same year!!!

portreathbeach said:
Cool. Thanks. I just bought that exact part from a seller on eBay. £30 brand new with free postage.

Just a quick question...

Why would an early car have a different part number for this to a later one. Surely they would only have one door panel for all the 997s, so only would fit one switch, wouldn't they?

...Oh, I forgot, bloody cars seem to have multiple parts for the same year. I had a Vauxhall Signum once, where I needed an idler for the aux belt. There were 3 different ones for the same engine code for the same year!!!

Often parts are modified & upgraded as faults are found in earlier designs. The manufacturer will always try and make a later part supersede the earlier part but sometimes the design change will be in conjunction with a wiring loom modification (for example) so it demands a new part number from a certain year. I've been in the car spares business for many years. It can be a real minefield.

mark pearce said:
theres left hand and right hand drive switches
plus convertibles have an extra switch for the rear windows

Passenger switch doesnt have option re cab

Well, the part turned up yesterday and I was eager to fit it, not much else to do in the 'lock down'. (Well, apart from wait for an emergency call, as I am an electronic engineer at a water company, so we need to keep the treatment works working.)

Anyway, the part number was exactly the same as the one that came out, and it fitted perfectly. Even though the part numbers were exactly the same, there was a slight difference on the arm that operates the door handle micro-switch.

Anyway, all in and working. Hopefully I've also sorted the slight rattle that was in the door too. Just need to take the other door apart now, there's a rattle in that one too when the speaker plays a low tone.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back