Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 curved wiper blade fitting

dombo

Just replacing the wiper blades on my 996. The passenger one is slightly shorter and curved. Should it be fitted happy or sad, ie curved up or down?
Thanks for any advice.

I've put mine sad... I have no idea if that's the correct way though, packaging had 0 information on it (Bosch)

Mine is 'happy'!

Try both, see which works best. I'll have a look at my 996 brochure later as that has a picture IIRC.

Well, I've tried both, and sad the ends encroach onto the rubber windscreen surround quite badly. Happy looks better. Unfortunately I took the old blade off without checking.
I'll run them and see how they look and perform.

Smiley upward curve is correct as confirmed by OPC (I had called them about another matter not just that!)

I just changed mine to happy. Indeed it was fouling on the plastic below the windscreen.

I actually got it right first time then when I fitted new ones at the beginning of the month, the old one was straight :D

Miracles do happen :grin:

'Sad" during Corona.
Revert to 'Happy" next year hopefully. :wink:

I have just fitted some of these and will check if I fitted happy or sad tommorow. They haven't been used yet so don't know about them catching or not!

I've fitted a set of Bosch aeros to mine and they are fine apart from the passenger side far corner. My car's LHD.

Marky911 said:
'Sad" during Corona.
Revert to 'Happy" next year hopefully. :wink:

:floor:

Or sad when Sorn's and happy when taxed :dont know:

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211