Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Bluetooth adaptor

Lukec4s

Silverstone
Hi all

I know this has prob been done to death and only a few posts down there is a head unit discussion.

Has anyone used one of
The Bluetooth adaptors that plug into pcm? Any recommendations on a seller?

So I can stream music from phone and have hands free calling. Thanks[/b]

Two suggestions:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B07BR2ZZCY/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

With this you unplug the multi-cd player or code the car so it thinks there's a multichanger. Fit the mic at the top of the A pillar. It works well but you can only take/make calls when you have the Cd input option selected on your PCM. I wasn't competent enough to fit this myself so paid an Indy £50 to fit for me. It does pick up a little interference from somewhere which I hear between tracks but I love it - I've access to 10,000+ tracks in my phone.

Option 2 - much cheaper...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N767T35/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bought this for my son's car. Works brilliantly. Set the station frequency on car FM & the unit. It even has a built in mic for taking & receiving calls. My wife & I were on different motorways and spoke for an hour - her using this £13 unit in my son's car & me using the £120 unit in my Porker.

Hope that helps...

Paul

Lukec4s said:
Hi all

I know this has prob been done to death and only a few posts down there is a head unit discussion.

Has anyone used one of

Gen1 or Gen2?

If Gen2 the go to device is the Bovee1000 adaptor. Do a search on here..there's lots of information

Lukec4s said:
Hi all

Has anyone used one of

Gen1 or Gen2?

If Gen2 the go to device is the Bovee1000 adaptor. Do a search on here..there's lots of information

Maxthedane said:
Two suggestions:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B07BR2ZZCY/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

With this you unplug the multi-cd player or code the car so it thinks there's a multichanger. Fit the mic at the top of the A pillar. It works well but you can only take/make calls when you have the Cd input option selected on your PCM. I wasn't competent enough to fit this myself so paid an Indy £50 to fit for me. It does pick up a little interference from somewhere which I hear between tracks but I love it - I've access to 10,000+ tracks in my phone.

Option 2 - much cheaper...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07N767T35/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bought this for my son's car. Works brilliantly. Set the station frequency on car FM & the unit. It even has a built in mic for taking & receiving calls. My wife & I were on different motorways and spoke for an hour - her using this £13 unit in my son's car & me using the £120 unit in my Porker.

Hope that helps...

Paul

On that plug in one... do you find it hard to get a frequency that is consistent? I've got an only Jabra version that goes on the sun visor, but find it gets interrupted with static or other radio stations quite frequently when travelling any distance. Is their a good frequency you use?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back