Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Convertible top in Service Position Slowly Closes

m1kegibson

Silverstone
I don't seem to be able to find an answer to this elsewhere so bear with please.

I have a 2009 997.2 convertible. Over the years I have had cause to put the top in the service position for a variety of reasons.

More recently, I have found that once in the service position and over the course of perhaps 20 minutes, the top slowly goes down of its own accord.

The fluid in the pump is topped up okay and I have never, in 8 years of ownership, had to top off the fluid so fluid leaking from the system would not appear to be an issue.

The top goes up and down fine so the hydraulic systems seem fine.

Any thoughts or is this perhaps normal?

Thanks.

Anything hydraulic will lose pressure eventually.

You'll probably find there's an internal leak and it's going back to the tank. It doesn't have to be an external leak, it could be internal. So I would say you still have a hydraulic problem.

My roof drops down but probably takes an hour.

My 2010 does the very same. I'm not sure the 'service position" is well defined mechanically? A fraction either way and the top will slowly drop. I've never thought of mine as having a fault?

Some do this and some don't tend to move much .. i would guess at fluid escaping from the rams and back into the pump.

Is it normal .. pretty much .. if the roof opens and closes with no issues then i wouldn't worry about it if i were you .

Mine does the same. Not sure how long it takes but it's less than an hour. You could always support the roof if needed or you're worried about it when I'm service position

Thanks for all the feedback.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back