Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Formula 1 'Drive To Survive'

Porkaholic

Nurburgring
It's back season two of this excellent series on Netflix covering teams and drivers at close level, compulsive viewing, best thing on telly!

Great series. As soon as it was released I binged them in a couple of days. The Williams episode was probably the best. The tension in the garage at testing was insurmountable. He was gone at that point.

just watched season 1 and 2

Excellent :thumb:

Haas's Guenther Steiner is too funny

The non F1 core, Sainz's agent, Rich Energy, Albon's Mum are the weak link.

I'll be honest I don't really watch the races but do have a real fascination for the whole engineering and F1 circus.
The series so far including the first have been amazing. It really bring across the real side of it all. A friend has been with Lotus (now Renault) then onto Mercedes for last 6-7 seasons so it's good to see some more of what goes on.

I do feel for Williams, someone has to be at the back but it just appears as they got it wrong full stop. I don't think it's being driven right, they need someone like Frank again and also a total redesign of the car which unfortunately looks like they won't be able to show in the near future.

I've binge watched the second series and it's one of the best programmes covering F1 that's been done. In HD it's stunning, worth getting that massive TV you've always promised yourself.

Thought it was similar to the Senna film and then realised it was these guys that were involved.

Claire Williams is a really nice person but the ruthless edginess that Frank Williams had isn't there, plus she doesn't swear enough!

How the Haas driver Grosjean has kept his seat is a mystery, they were even having side bets to see if he'd make it round the 1st corner. He must have a very wealthy sponsor behind him.

Looks like season 3 is going to be struggling.

infrasilver said:
It looks like series 3 starts on the 19th March

Perhaps also worth mentioning for anyone without Netflix that Sky F1 are now broadcasting the first series too.

S1 has already started on Sky F1 but begins again on Sky Documentaries (814 or HD114) tonight (15th March) and for the rest of the week.

S2 starts on Sky Sports F1 on Friday 19th March.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back