Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake Kits?

cbriggs1978

Trainee
My current discs are quite badly "ridged" and the pad wear indicator has now flashed up so my intention is to change pads and discs all round as we approach Spring.

Apart from design 911, is there anywhere else I should be looking for complete kits (disc, pads, wear indicator, vibration shims). Quick search only shows up design911

I am looking at Brembo or textar / Sembro

Thanks for any hints of where to check

Yep, autodoc, also euro car parts when they have deals on can be very cheap for these standard parts.

Post on Facebook this week saying eurocarparts were doing mintex front discs for £14 each

I just bought Front discs from euro car parts £30 delivered!!!

they only seem to have one-side of the front discs? Didn't even realise discs were "handed"!

TV8 said:
they only seem to have one-side of the front discs? Didn't even realise discs were "handed"!
Three cooling vanes are asymmetric otherwise one would run backwards.
Rears are not handed

Are the Mintex good for road use?

Missed out on the pair for £30 as above, but got one side for £15 and the other for £65 (go figure!) from ECP the other day.

Upgrading to Pagid using today's discount code would be +£45ish and Sebro's +£150ish. Are they worth the premium?
[For reference I ordered Pagid pads all round]

Also, what would people recommend for brake fluid?

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back