Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 28
997 : 2004- 63
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 3
964 : 1989-1993 0
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 1
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 3
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 30
Cayman : 2005- 23
Cayenne : 2003- 6
Macan : 2014- 7
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Bogus
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: 991.1 C4S with Power kit and PCCB vs 991.1 4GTS Reply with quote

Hi all,

After a brief hiatus away from Porsche, the pull was too strong and I want to get back to a 911. I had a 991.1 C4S in the past and looking to maybe get a 991.1 4 GTS.

The question I have is if there is a C4S with the power kit and PDCC and PCCb would that be considered better than a 4GTS where the only difference is lack of PCCB and PDCC but has centre lock wheels ?
Are there any further differences between the 2 cars with both being PdK which would make the 991.1 GTs more desirable with all other features being the same ?
Your thoughts would be very helpful as I am struggling to make a final decision.

FZP
Reims

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spongebob has the 991.1 with X51. He'll be along shortly as hes currently enjoying the Sand pit in the middle east. With putting the carbon seats in his car, I think he's got a unicorn spec.

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After much research the difference between Herman (991CS) and a GTS (at the time I purchased) was close to 20k, Herman has the PCCB, X51, PDCC and the sports design pack with ducktail.
I didn’t really want the centre locks so for me it was just the interior missing, which didn’t relate to 20K! Adding the GT2 folding buckets in my mind raised the spec above a GTS Dont know
I’ll be honest I’ve never switched the PDCC on Grin so can’t comment (reviews are very mixed) but the Powerpack makes it a GTS in my mind, if you’re looking at a 4S with Ceramics that would potentially sway it for me, the ceramics are just amazing and look amazing.
Having said all of the above if there was a GTS v a well spaced 4S for similar money I’d chose the GTS as it’s considered more desirable, so the 4S would need to be a good bit cheaper than the GTS 👍
991 C2S PDK - X51 430 Powerkit, Dynamic engine mounts, Carbon GT2 folding buckets, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design bodykit with ducktail and Alcantara steering wheel. If Carling did a 991S...
“Herman yellow, the last of the naturally aspirated”

Bogus
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:
After much research the difference between Herman (991CS) and a GTS (at the time I purchased) was close to 20k, Herman has the PCCB, X51, PDCC and the sports design pack with ducktail.
I didn’t really want the centre locks so for me it was just the interior missing, which didn’t relate to 20K! Adding the GT2 folding buckets in my mind raised the spec above a GTS Dont know
I’ll be honest I’ve never switched the PDCC on Grin so can’t comment (reviews are very mixed) but the Powerpack makes it a GTS in my mind, if you’re looking at a 4S with Ceramics that would potentially sway it for me, the ceramics are just amazing and look amazing.
Having said all of the above if there was a GTS v a well spaced 4S for similar money I’d chose the GTS as it’s considered more desirable, so the 4S would need to be a good bit cheaper than the GTS 👍

If the well specced C4S is specced similar to the GTS by having the PDCC, powerkit, except for centre locks and a little bit cheaper would you still go for the GTS ? As the the C4S would then be marginally ahead because of the PCCBs.

I guess what I am looking for is is there so.ething more under the skin of a GTS like different steering ratios, different suspension settings like different spring rates etc apart from having a lowered car which a C4S with PASM is also the same from my understanding.

Bogus
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled the plug on a C4S with the X51 powerkit, PCCB and PDCC. Car going in for a 111 point check tomorrow. Fingers crossed. If all.is well should get it by weekend.

Mad Mark911
Monza

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogus wrote:
I guess what I am looking for is is there something more under the skin of a GTS like different steering ratios, different suspension settings like different spring rates etc apart from having a lowered car which a C4S with PASM is also the same from my understanding.

Wouldn't it need to be a C4S with SPASM to have the same suspension as the GTS? I thought they were lowered over the standard models.
Too many previous cars to list ...

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Mark911 wrote:
Bogus wrote:
I guess what I am looking for is is there something more under the skin of a GTS like different steering ratios, different suspension settings like different spring rates etc apart from having a lowered car which a C4S with PASM is also the same from my understanding.

Wouldn't it need to be a C4S with SPASM to have the same suspension as the GTS? I thought they were lowered over the standard models.

Would need to be PDCC with PASM Thumb Many of the PDCC cars were specced this way.

OP sounds like a cracking spec worship
991 C2S PDK - X51 430 Powerkit, Dynamic engine mounts, Carbon GT2 folding buckets, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design bodykit with ducktail and Alcantara steering wheel. If Carling did a 991S...

Bogus
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Mark911 wrote:
Bogus wrote:

Yes true and as Sponge says most cars were specced tthat way including this one.

Bogus
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Mark911 wrote:
Bogus wrote:

Would need to be PDCC with PASM Thumb Many of the PDCC cars were specced this way.

@spongebob did you get the car with an Alcantara Steering wheel or got it retrofitted ?

Mad Mark911
Monza

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha! Sounds sublime. I just wish mine had the Powerkit, because at the time I was looking, only the ex-Porsche Experience cars had it and there was no way I was going to buy one of those!

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogus wrote:
Mad Mark911 wrote:
Bogus wrote:

@spongebob did you get the car with an Alcantara Steering wheel or got it retrofitted ?

Retrofitted by jack at Royal 👍

Bogus
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news guys.

Had the 111 point check done before I bought the car and all was fine except for a cracked rear driver side disc. One disc costs close to £4500 as the car has PCCB. The porsche technician feels would have been a small crack and developed into a big one as the customer would not have noticed it.
That was the only finding.
Should I go for the car if the rear disc is replaced ?

Bogus
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pic attached

Screenshot_20200227-231222_Chrome.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  891.71 KB
 Viewed:  1175 Time(s)

Screenshot_20200227-231222_Chrome.jpg

Mad Mark911
Monza

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never like to see the crossed drilled holes full of pad material, because someone has gotten them very hot to do that. Sad

Two thoughts:
1. The PCCB discs have 3 wear indicators embedded into to them, so what level are all the other discs at.
2. How much life is in the pads? They are expensive and start to prematurely heat up and wear the discs once they get beyond 50% pad life and if you let them go too low - they destroy the discs.

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Mark911 wrote:
I never like to see the crossed drilled holes full of pad material, because someone has gotten them very hot to do that. Sad

Two thoughts:
1. The PCCB discs have 3 wear indicators embedded into to them, so what level are all the other discs at.
2. How much life is in the pads? They are expensive and start to prematurely heat up and wear the discs once they get beyond 50% pad life and if you let them go too low - they destroy the discs.

🖕As above, plus if you own a car with Ceramics you would know about that damage 100%. Would be very easy to see just through general daily use, no way the owner (or dealer) wouldn’t know.

Would you just replace one? Personally I’d always change in pairs. Plus Remember the only way to check Ceramics properly is to remove them and weigh them, there’s some debate on the accuracy of the wear markers, these often show on low mileage cars.

In summary unless the ceramics are 100% you’d need a very healthy discount or walk away (for example 9 grand off my car as there was wear to the rear ceramics) (but no damage) (the fronts had clearly been replaced at some stage).

The other point on such a well specced car would be is it a press car? Quite likely with the spec, not an issue for me, but may be for some. Another possibility would be a Porsche experience car which would be a no-no for me.

maph
Monza

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the initial damage was made taking a wheel off. As the tech said the chip was probably small and it has grown bigger. Photo is pretty low res so it is difficult to tell how much wear it/ and the other side is likely to have.

Agree that both the owner and dealer would have known about it. I would want the disc replaced with OEM (depending on the wear on the other side) or the pair refurbed before sale. Or a min of a £5k discount.

Bogus
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided not to ho ahead. Too much risk and as a matter of principle walked away.

They should have told me about it as it is not a small.issue to not tell a potential buyer.
And they were unwilling to budge on price as they were replacing the disc.

Mad Mark911
Monza

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that - but prudence is the better part of valour.

Just tell yourself it had been hammered to hell and back - then you might feel it was a lucky escape?

Bogus
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

So after the debacle with the C4S, I decided to go with the 991.1 GTS.
What a car!!!

Picked it up yesterday. Absolutely brilliant. The way it drives, the grip, the relentless power delivery and finally the noise. Simply outstanding. I could keep revving all day long.
Looking forward many happy miles with the car. Spec as follows

Rhodium Silver with Turbo S center lock wheels in Satin black and black GTS interior and red contrast stitching.

LED with PDLS
Sunroof
Adaptive cruise control
Sports Plus seats
Carbon interior
Power steering plus

Will post pics soon

Jungle650
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Rhodium Silver club !

Get out and enjoy it while the sun is out and there are no lock downs on movement!

Jungle
Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: