Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2003 996 Targa - Radio Issues

Nej123

Hi, Anyone got a solution for a radio not working when the engine is started?

When I bought the car the radio was not working (no power) and the dealer put a new fuse in and all was well. Trouble is the dealer is a long way away so I cant just pop back for then to check it.

The reception wasn't very good so I have retuned the radio and it works great until I start the engine - then just a hiss as if its gone out of tune. It will not retune while the engine is running. Turn everything off and it works again - eventually?? Sat Nav and everything else seems to work (except CD Changer?) Any ideas?

Sequence as follows:

1/ No Key / No Ignition - Radio works fine - stations and presets all work

2/ Ignition on - as above

3/ Start Engine - Radio goes out of tune - (background hiss) message says NO PTY - cannot retune

4/ Turn Engine Off - Radio still doesn't work as 3/ above.

Leave car for a while and come back in half an hour the radio works again but back to stage 1. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back