Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retro fitting ceramic breaks to 991.2 GTS

G5Day

Hi there,

When spewing my car I went back and forth on having ceramics. At the time I was told they could be retro fitted so held off. Now the after sales team are saying there is no retro fit option, but the could do it at a cost circa £20k :eek:

Wanted to see if anyone else had retrofitted them or got a quote too, and if so what you were quoted.

Many thanks

Given the price of the disks that sounds about right to me.

MC

You'd probably be better off selling your car and buying another with Ceramics.

:yeah:

991.2GTS said:
You'd probably be better off selling your car and buying another with Ceramics.

This ^^

That ship has sailed. I looked into it too with my last turbo but it was more involving than I thought and bloody expensive!

I've just bought an S now with PCCB's and they're noticeably better. Which isn't helping you, sorry.... :)

I was recently looking into a new Macan GTS and thought about speccing PCCB on that. My logic was based on the fact it's cheapest by far way of buying PCCB's. And factory fitted.

hindsight is a wonderful thing, they are kind of like Bucket seats, much cheaper new than second hand and sort of brilliant! Not what you want to hear, but retrofit as others have said not really a viable option.

I follow a firm on Social media called Surface Transforms . They fit upgraded brakes. Call someone like JZM. I doubt very much they cost anything like OEM PCCBs.

Haven't looked into it myself , I'm fortunate my GT3 has PCCBs.

Lots of people also fit Alcons. DW performance quoted my mate on his 997 GT2, as his ceramics are on their way out

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back