Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Carrera cat heat shields

Silverbeard50

First post, so please go easy on me!

I bought a very clean 2010 997.2 3.6 Carrera in January after looking for some time for the right car. It was a private sale and came with 22 months Porsche warranty.
I had to put it into the local dealer for a hard reset on the tracker; this didn't solve the issue so the unit is going to be changed under the warranty.
They carried out a health check whilst it was with them and said that one of cat heat shields needs to be changed. This is presumably the source of a tinny rattle that can be heard at times.

I am happy to do this myself but just wondered what sort of job this is. Anything bolted to, or near, the exhaust is normally rusted and liable to shear bolts on removal. Is this the case with these shields?
Thanks for any advice.
Pictured below with two of its garage companions.

Attachments

• 20200125_113929_resized_757.jpg
    20200125_113929_resized_757.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,247
Welcome to the forum.

IIRC You need to remove the lamda sensor to refit the new shield. The sensor is prone to snapping off when attempting to remove, therefore most folks either try to repair a rattling shield in-situ, or just cut it off and don't replace.

Nice collection btw :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back