Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A Year In

Brucey1

It's been exactly a year since I bought my 2001 3.4 I'm glad to report it's been superbly reliable in that time and I've loved every minute of driving it .
I've not had anything go wrong so far but I have spent a few quid trying to get the car as perfect as a 19 year old car can possibly be .
Here is a list of things I have had done
Full set of p zero n rated tyres (bloody expensive !)
Replaced the rear discs not a. Mot failure but looked past their best
Replaced the wheel with a much nicer 3 spoke design
Had one of the alloys refurbed
4 wheel alignment done at motor tune Shotts
Had the interior door panel removed and refitted to cure an annoying rattle
New good quality Bluetooth stereo
Leather seats cleaned and conditioned
Replaced the pedal rubbers
Full service at Porsche Glasgow
I've covered 6000 miles including a 3000mile euro trip last summer I'm hoping this year will be as trouble free and as enjoyable as the last . I have a trip up to the Isle of Skye booked for April which I'm really looking forward to ,some great roads up there .
Next upgrade will be 200cell cats I think when funds allow ! , if your thinking of buying a 996 I say go for it ,your a long time dead don't think of all the negatives ims , rms etc etc
Just do it !!

Nice to see a trouble free year of ownership. I took my T2 Westfalia up to Skye then on to Harris a few years ago, would love to recreate that trip in the Porsche some day 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back