Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front brakes binding

D5RSR

Silverstone
Front brakes are starting to bind very slightly.
If I jack the front wheels up I can feel them dragging slightly. if I push the round tab on the rear pad back gently it frees off but binds again when the brake is applied.

I fitted new disc, pads and damper plates last year using the old pins and spring. i didn't grease anything just fitted them clean and dry.

Whats the recommendations, dry or lathered in copper grease?
I've either got a sticking pad or a piston not retracting same on both sides.

Before I strip them down this weekend to check any tips on sticking pads or checking for free piston movement?

Its 2005 997 S
Thanks

I don't tend to use any grease on these when fitting pads .. its unusual for them to bind to be honest .

For both sides to be doing it then that is strange .. im wondering if the pin is corroded .. from your description then it is the rear pad that's causing it .

I Can't really help but a strip and a good look is the first thing .. for it to be pistons then they would need to be sticking on both sides ... again its rare .. i've never seen it is all i can say .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back