Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which OPC in the North?

991.2GTS

Imola
My patience with Leeds has run out. I've been in touch with them twice in the last fortnight regarding swapping the Cup 2's for PS4S's on my Touring, and there's been no response. I can only assume they don't want my business.

Being based in North Yorkshire, the OPC's nearest to me are Bolton, Kendal and Teesside.

Who would you recommend?

Bought my car from Kendal and have always had a good service from them. Can't comment on any other dealer. :thumbs:

Strange this came up as I called my local OPC and asked for a price for a full set of Michelin Cup N Rated to replace my old Bridgestones, gave them all the details and I'm still waiting for a call back and that was 3 weeks ago!
Went to a locally recommended tyre shop and they matched Black Circles price, also told them I was very jumpy about my rims etc and also that I wanted the dates on the tyres to be no older than 2019 and they said it wouldn't be a problem and that they would try and get me 2020 date if possible.

I didn't have a good experience with Bolton. However that was with their sales department.

I have not in the past had a great experience with Wilmslow sales but their servicing and parts guys are awesome. So I couldn't say if that would be the same with Bolton.

That was a long winded way of saying 'I don't know'

991.2GTS said:
My patience with Leeds has run out. I've been in touch with them twice in the last fortnight regarding swapping the Cup 2's for PS4S's on my Touring, and there's been no response. I can only assume they don't want my business.

Being based in North Yorkshire, the OPC's nearest to me are Bolton, Kendal and Teesside.

Who would you recommend?

Have you tried reaching out to Richard Miller at Leeds? I dealt with him and everything was spot on in terms of contact etc.

Bolton offered me the lowest px on a previous car to the point I was nearly evacuated into an iron lung. For that reason they are off my list :nooo:

Zingari said:
991.2GTS said:

Who would you recommend?

Have you tried reaching out to Richard Miller at Leeds? I dealt with him and everything was spot on in terms of contact etc.

Bolton offered me the lowest px on a previous car to the point I was nearly evacuated into an iron lung. For that reason they are off my list :nooo:

Thanks.

Richard is my contact at Leeds. After that issue with the GT3, I think they're sick to death of hearing from me. He was quite responsive at first, but it's all gone quiet.

I've had some quotes in from three OPC's:

Bolton were the most expensive at £1308. Next were Kendal at £1244 and Teesside were the best at £1144. And I'm still awaiting a final quote from Sheffield. All 4 OPC's have been very responsive this morning via email. So, no complaints on that front.

I've also emailed RPM in Knaresboro for a quote. Black Circles are quoting £939.92 all in.

I'm mindful of the centre locks, and the warranty. So, I'm probably going to go with an OPC, just to safeguard that.

Teesside is looking favourite at the moment. Is that who you were referring to Nick?

Did you take that tyre 'Insurance' out giving you 5 x replacement tyres in 2yrs :whistle:

Zingari said:
Did you take that tyre 'Insurance' out giving you 5 x replacement tyres in 2yrs :whistle:

I tried to get them to throw that in. But they wouldn't. :nooo:

I'd have to get creative to claim for four tyres. I'd probably have to drive through the hardware section at B&Q.... :floor:

Don't forget the new one at Preston - only a short trip along the A59 for you.

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back