Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo - The Stormtrooper

J80 EWN

After a coupe of years of Cayman S ownership, I decided it was time for a new addition. I had always had my heart set on a 997 turbo following a jaw dropping encounter with a Guards red 997.1TT at Bristol Airport late 2006, Thinking Life is too short and 14 years is long enough to wait right?
Over a few weeks during my hitch at sea, I trawled the net to find an example that met all the criteria, a low mileage example with good history , Mezger motor, Manual box , Black interior and it had to be Guards Red or Carrara White (which seemed to narrow down the search greatly )

I found exactly what I was looking for at the Porsche Centre Tewkesbury (Dick Lovett Franchise) With only 12k :eek: on the Clock, full OPC history and a few added extras on top of what I'd wanted .......Factory turbo Aero Kit, adaptive Seats with red belts, painted Seat backs and Centre Console , sport chrono package also the added bonus of a 2 year OPC Warranty.

I got in touch with Tom at the dealership who was very helpful. He promptly answered the multitude of questions I had about the car, its history and condition as well as providing the build sheet, 111 point and Over-rev check results. He put the car on the ramp took photos of every square inch of the underside after I asked , nothing was a problem. Tandem pump and a couple of suspension components had been picked up on the 111 and would be replaced prior to sale. We negotiated a price and I secured the car with a deposit

10 days later I flew into BHX on my long journey home from Sarawak, Borneo . I was met by a driver and taken to the dealership where I received a very warm welcome. Gave the Car a once over myself after another jaw dropping encounter..... in the flesh 'The Stormtrooper" was everything I had hoped for... the deal was done, followed by an Evening meal and stopover in the Tewkesbury Park Hotel courtesy of Porsche. The Service i recieved from Porsche centre Tewkesbury was second to none.

Attachments

• img_2197_264.jpg
    img_2197_264.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 4,324
  • img_2198_147.jpg
    img_2198_147.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 4,324
After a few hours kip, in the very early hours I began the 483 mile journey up to Inverness, which I can only describe as the best drive home from work....EVER! The Quiet motorways were a great opportunity to stretch her legs a little... although a very familiar Porsche feel the power delivery from the Mezger/ VTG turbos was Mind-blowing, like no other car I've driven. Did stop grinning for the whole 9 hours behind the wheel.

After breakfast stop at Southwaite, I was met by clanky at Aviemore for a coffee and a catch up followed by a flying visit to A11 YKF after arriving back in Sneck. Then headed home for the sleep of the century!!

Attachments

• img_2273_157.jpg
    img_2273_157.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 4,317
Fast Forward a few weeks...... off to my good friend Mike (extremedetail) to be polished, then a coating of Feynlab Ceramics prior to being tucked away for the winter.

He also set about removing the slightly yellowed Stone chip protectors to set my OCD at ease... then applied uv resistant replacements i had sourced from type911shop.co.uk , made a world of difference.... you cant see them anymore! :thumbs:

Attachments

• img_2407_621.jpg
    img_2407_621.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 4,294
  • img_2405_197.jpg
    img_2405_197.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 4,294
  • img_e2418_209.jpg
    img_e2418_209.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 4,294
She looks fabulous in white, congratulations on a lovely purchase :thumbs:

Obviously you have to put a model Stormtrooper on the dash now :grin:

kurlykris said:
She looks fabulous in white, congratulations on a lovely purchase :thumbs:

Obviously you have to put a model Stormtrooper on the dash now :grin:

Or wear a Storm trooper costume when driving it :starwars:

:grin:

What a fab looking motor - great choice.

Congrats, love the level of detail your going to in getting perfect to how you want it. I did the same with GT3 and still haven't finished, last job is to clean the engine from the underneath!

:thumbs:

Got to love a Carrara White 911!

HSC911 said:
Holy cow :worship:

8)

I know! i still say something similar every time the garage door rolls up :thumb:

Squire said:
Congrats, love the level of detail your going to in getting perfect to how you want it. I did the same with GT3 and still haven't finished, last job is to clean the engine from the underneath!

:thumbs:

Thats what its all about :thumb:

MaxA said:
Got to love a Carrara White 911!

:D I had my heart set on Guards red for a long, long time but more recently started swaying toward the white.... seemed to be 2 of the hardest colours to find for a 997 turbo, Majority seen to be black and grey, They all look stunning but my Cayman is black and ive had my fair share of gunmetal grey cars so was determined to have something different this time around :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back