Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air con condensers

Behr/ Hella are original equipment on VW/ AUDI, so i would only presume they could well be original equipment on Porsche too.
Even if Porsche use another manufacturer for there radiators, Behr/ Hella are very good quality so you wont go wrong with them.

That looks extremely good value, is that correct? £216 for rads O rings and desicator ?

£78.59 for each condenser (Behr/Hella) on carparts4less...
O rings available from OPC for a few pounds.

That's the way I'd go.....

:thumb:

Thanks for the Heads up.... Initially i thought the prices were skew as they came up a £98 each, BUT...... With the Discount PAYDAY applied, ive ordered two and a drier, I'll get some ) rings as you suggest from my OPC and hopefully a few ML of refigerent to lube up said rubber rings prior to fitting, which i am going to tackle myself....

Look on ebay for rtgroup11 I got 2 hella/behr with 5 year warranty less than £100 a pair👍

C4Silver said:
:thumb:

Thanks for the Heads up.... Initially i thought the prices were skew as they came up a £98 each, BUT...... With the Discount PAYDAY applied, ive ordered two and a drier, I'll get some ) rings as you suggest from my OPC and hopefully a few ML of refigerent to lube up said rubber rings prior to fitting, which i am going to tackle myself....

No worries - its quite an easy job but be well aware not to leak any gas into the atmosphere as i believe its dangerous and illegal...

You need to check that they are this part number: hella 8fc 351 301-421 if you want a direct swap. The cheaper ones are usually the same part number but with 4 at the end (hella 8fc 351 301-424) These are about 10mm smaller, they will fit but the plastic bracket will be loose around them. Also the quality is poorer on the 4 version.

You need the 'Hella Premium Line' versions

I had to bu 3 sets before i got the correct ones as places like eurocarparts list with the wrong number!!

I now have the correct ones from: https://ricerocketuk.com/contact-us/

They were about £300

Another link explaining the difference:
https://www.porscheclubgb.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1007675

NickHappy said:
No worries - its quite an easy job but be well aware not to leak any gas into the atmosphere as i believe its dangerous and illegal...

I was going to ask this question, the condensors are wet / damp / dye'd both sides, im assuming the system is empty of gas ? Do i still need to de- gas the system ?? will there be anything left in there basically that i need to have contained,

Thanks..

Thank's Iain. :thumb:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back