Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 C2 - Getting ready for summer

dodge2000

Hi All,

Relative newbie and getting my C2 ready for summer. It's a semi-daily driver, even managing to get a xmas shop done with wife and 2 kids in the back.

It's a manual, no sunroof C2.

So far I've changed out the old knackered engine mounts for the 964RS ones. Which made a massive difference when changing direction.

I've changed out coffin arms, tuning forks and rod ends to resolve the knocking from the front and tighten things up.

It did have the dansk boxes on, but both rotted away in the usual area so fitted the top gear ones instead of welding again. Very pleased with those as well

When I had the bumpers done I also pulled out the centre console and painted in same colour as the original grey plastic was looking terrible

Next step is to replace the shocks. I am not tracking, but like a direct feel. Undecided on FSDs, or B6s. sounds like a minefield, will try CofG, but any one with FSDs (I know the 993 guys like them) on the 996 let me know how they are

Attachments

• img_9275_171.jpeg
    img_9275_171.jpeg
    983 KB · Views: 898
  • img_9272_208.jpeg
    img_9272_208.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 898
It's funny how the 996 has been slated as the ugly 911 by many, including me.
Looking at them now I think that they have aged well and look pretty damn good. :)

Unless you particularly want different shocks, you may find that your existing ones test ok on Centre Gravity's rig... mine were absolutely fine, at 116k miles.

You may also find that CG can give you the more pointy feel you want with some new geo settings, but keeping a sensible ride that works on UK goat tracks a.k.a A and B roads.

Agreed, its interesting how the 996 is coming of age... looks like a very tidy car!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back