Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Good deal on a pre registered 718 Boxster?

Minitoporsche

I've been looking at the 718 Boxster and my local dealer offered me a pre registered (5 miles on the clock) Boxster with 20% off list.

It's basically the same price as the base model pre adding options, but with all the options then for free. Most of these are important (metallic, bigger alloys, PSAM, leather seats, parking sensors etc).

Wanted to get your thoughts on whether this is a good deal or not. On the one hand I think yes but on the other I think I should wait in case the 6 pot engine returns on the base model.

I have no view on what discounts are like usually on the car.

Any thoughts?

Discount from a dealer on a new Porsche!!! Things must be bad. Article last year by Nick Murray on YouTube that Boxster's were no selling.

^

Also I've heard (Chris Harris tweets possible, can't remember) that the 718 B/C will return to flat 6 power next year as the '718-6" or something. So another reason I think they're keen to offload the current model. The current cars flat 4 wasn't particularly well received (understatement)

Yep, looks like 4 pot 718 owners will be taking an early bath :eek:

The sales have nosedived since the launch of the 718-4. As regards the discount, push for at least 25%, citing the soon to be released 718-6, that will undoubtedly affect residuals on the 4 pot cars.

I wonder what sales are like on the 992 911`s given that they are all 3.0 turbos these days, hopefully they will give up this nonsense and get back to NA :nooo:

kurlykris said:
I wonder what sales are like on the 992 911`s given that they are all 3.0 turbos these days, hopefully they will give up this nonsense and get back to NA :nooo:

I think the 992 has been largely well received. If the 3.0 turbo charged engine in the 991.2 is anything to go by, there's no surprise there. Granted, it can't match the noise of the NA 3.4/3.8 units in the 991.1, but there is a lot to like, and crucially, it's still a flat 6.

The 4 pot in the 718 has its merits too, I understand. But going from 6 to 4 was always going to be a hard sell.

Janko Lind on his YouTube channel points to the fact the 718, from which the newer 718 derives it's name, did have a 4 cylinder engine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_718

Yep, the whole point of resurrecting the 718 name was to push the 4 cylinder engine, luckily it has failed so the 718-6 is just nonsense and Porsche need to ditch the 718 badge as soon as possible :grin:
Even at the launch event people were complaining how terrible the exhaust note is :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back