Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console removal/reboot/new shift lever and knob insta

nickjonesn4

Had a fun few hours today removing the centre console and the old rubber gaiter (ripped and very dirty) before installing Swine Eleven reboot and new Nine Eleven Outlaw shaft and 917 style knob (wenge & dark oak combo).

Quite a big job for the likes of me but very happy with the result and the chance to freshen up the interior a wee bit

This was the rather sad specimen it replaced

Billy Bumpsteer said:
Looks very nice! Just need a tequipment handbrake to finish it off

Cheers! Really happy with it and it feels very nice to use.

Think Tequipment handbrakes are unavailable now and crazy money on ebay.

Will probably have the existing lever retrimmed in black leather whenever I get round to phase two of the retrimming work I have in mind. Possibly with a rennline e-brake handle.

andyobro said:
Love the look of that :D

Cheers. Trip to the porsche museum to see the 917 exhibition in September was the seed of this!

Not sure about the wooden knob but really like the look of the shaft and rubber gaiter. Much sportier.

nickjonesn4 said:
Billy Bumpsteer said:

Will probably have the existing lever retrimmed in black leather whenever I get round to phase two of the retrimming work I have in mind. Possibly with a rennline e-brake handle.

I would just buy a new Chestnut brown handbrake in leather for £300, the 2S plastic on the knobs and levers is awful!

Billy Bumpsteer said:
nickjonesn4 said:
Billy Bumpsteer said:

I would just buy a new Chestnut brown handbrake in leather for £300, the 2S plastic on the knobs and levers is awful!

True on the plastic - horrible

New handbrake from OPC presumably?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back