Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Long term Macan ownership over 3 years

PabloAU

Getting close to pulling the trigger on a GTS, just trying to get info from current or recent Macan owners on their take whilst the beast was in their care.

I have had short term exposure to the car (rentals / loaners), talked to a couple of Macan owners (non UK), upshot is that both of us (significant other - S.W.S.B.O) are impressed.
Outside of the noise from the dealers (both OPC & 1 Indie), I remember there were issues with plastic parts in the cooling system getting brittle ahead of time similar to the Q5 & as this is the last major car purchase for me (hit 64 this year) so looking at a very long term keeper for us.

Any feedback, over the next 3 weeks would be gratefully received

Pablo

Hi Pablo,

Owned a GTS for just over 3 years and it's been absolutely superb. Can't fault it any way at all. Ticks all the boxes. Just put a deposit down for the next 2020 gen.
The stand out feature for me was how well it handles for a big bus! Witchery! Not mega fast but that's not really what they're about. MPG isn't brilliant either. Mostly used by the Mrs- 32k miles and still on OE tyres. We'll be chopping it in against the new one.
You won't be disappointed. Get one :thumbs:

I wouldn't have any other car as a daily, or during the winter months. I had a Diesel S for 15 months, then a GTS for 15 months and now I've had a Turbo for two months. So, can't give you any feedback on long term ownership, but I did 16k miles in the GTS and didn't have any issues.

As in other Porsche models, the GTS feels like the sweet spot in the range. Not as much power as the Turbo, but the chassis is a better setup for spirited driving, especially cornering.

I've always opted for 20in wheels and steel springs over the 21in and air suspension, as thats supposed to be the best setup for a sportier car. Plus, you've less chance of any road noise or kerbing the wheels with the smaller wheel.

MPG wasn't the greatest in the GTS, but it got around 25mpg on longer journeys, and about 20mpg when in sport/sport +.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back