Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bola wheels - anyone used them?

Johnd52

Hockenheim
I am going to try 19" wheels on my Cayman GTS (currently 20") in the expectation that the increase from a 35 to 40 section will provide a bit more flexibility in the sidewall, more suitable for use on our rough and slippery roads. The combine widths and rolling radius will be the sam3 as at present.

I like the very simple design of the Bola B1, but I know nothing of this manufacturer or product. Any thoughts welcome.

The Borla B1 is based on a Rays wheel - Rays are very good with the price to match.

Borla I always thought were ok, until a mate had some on his TTRS and kerbed it on the eurotunnel - rather than scuffing, it took a chunk out! This was at very low speed.

My suggestion is to get some Rota Grids. These have been used on track cars for many years and I havent come across issues.

https://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/wheel/rota_grid_drift_mb

I think in general there fine. There is nothing that Ive seen where reported cracks etc have appeared or in general rubbish feedback. There not going to be the likes of BBS or OZ quality (although Ive OZ's cracking) so I would be happy buying a set.

Im considering a set for my 996 which will not be liked but they are relatively cheap so don't mind.

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately the Rota website does not list a suitable fitment for the Cayman. It does seem to have awkward sizes. It looks like I would be better spending a bit more for a better quality wheel, but I just want a painted, simple design so will go back to the search.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrellS
Back