Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Disconnecting battery with auxiliary wiring

Littlered996

I need to bring the battery indoors for a deep charge (no power at garage).
Since I last did this, I have had audio work done, and two new auxiliary leads have been connected, one to each battery terminal (see photo). Result: when I disconnect the negative terminal, the alarm sounds.
Is anyone able to walk me through the correct sequence for disconnecting the various wires to avoid deafness, and then for reconnecting them to avoid death? Thanks!

Attachments

• img_0086_906.jpg
    img_0086_906.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 730
Key in and turn ignition to position 1, then disconnect earth. Same for reattaching.

MC

Thanks MisterCorn. I knew that, but managed to forget it in the last 12 months and focussed on the new wiring.
Such a key tip, and nothing about it in the manual. Same for the bonnet release wire under the left rear light fitting. That's why this forum's a life saver, I guess.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back