Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Collecting Cars Auction - 997.2 GT3 £75k

Aphill80

Silverstone
I am closely watching the 997.2 GT3 markets... have been for a while I'm not quite there yet with the funds, but watching the market for well over a year. watched this auction happen live.. car sold. £75k with Clubsport spec. Kicking myself I should have made the leap for me this is the dream car... and now my alternative to owning an air-cooled and water-cooled car

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2010-porsche-911-997-gt3/

If this is the real selling value of the 997.2GT3 then I am closer then I thought! and more importantly more nervous than ever that cars @£100-110k will see me having a 30K bath... as I drive off. that's a lot of money to an enthusiast purchase.

Sorry I know these types are posts are frustrating am I missing something here?

A

Hi, i watched that end as well, but dont forget the final price was circa £80k after auction fees. I still recon that a bargain.

atulett said:
Hi, i watched that end as well, but dont forget the final price was circa £80k after auction fees. I still reckon that a bargain.

Yep that's factored in the last couple of month JZM cars have been £100k so that's still 20k in approx 2months as JZM list those cars as sold.

I know millage matters in the GT cars... I want a drivers car... so not important to me... but a bargain it was and maybe leave the likes of me in a worse place mentally as this shows a very different price to everything listed right now... even if you knock off money for negotiation

Likewise I was watching that one. Yes, you need to add the 6% broker commission on top of that sale price, so £79500 in total.

Looked a great buy. It was up for sale on Autotrader for a while at £90K ish so yes £80K probably is the value as a private sale.

If it was with a dealer you would expect to pay another £10K on top.

Some of the cars on CCs do seem great value to me.

The car market in general is taking a kicking at the moment and there have been some good deals around.....

£50K McLaren 12C with 70K miles and Thorney warranty
£80K McLaren 570s
£80K 991 Turbo S
£90K 991.1 GT3
£115K 991.2 GT3

So £80K of thereabouts gives you a few choices. I think your money would be safest in the 997.2 GT3 though :D

maph said:
Looked a great buy. It was up for sale on Autotrader for a while at £90K ish so yes £80K probably is the value as a private sale.

Kind of agree.. not sure dealer prep is worth the £10k... but 90k could well be right as you state..

So confused with the market... the Red Hexagon car has been discussed before and is my dream spec.. but it could be now £25k+ over market .. guess that will stay unsold for another 2yrs. :roll:

One of those that just looks right :thumb:

But it's just a comfort spec with GT 2 seats? Ie. Ie not clubsport?

GT cars that go through the block usually have 'issues'

Buyers of secondhand ones tend to be more selective than 993 buyers :roll:

There was that very nice looking white LHD 997.1 GT3RS I spotted in the summer, for under £90k at a dealer. It seemed relatively good value at the time. Not seen anything like that since.

Actually reviewing the advert on the auction site that price is probably not far behind what trade would offer given it needs prep for showroom condition. The brake pads would exclude it from OPC warranty I suspect.
Can you spec those seats from new or are they after purchase?

Given JZM looked after it I wonder why they didn't take it on or offer SOR :?:

Seats are part of the Clubsport pack.. £4-6K a pair on the used market

total specualtion in my mind is that it didnt go on SOR... as the car woudnt move at the price it might of been marketed at quick enought for the seller.. or said dealer doesnt want to sell at the price that will make it move due to possible softening effect it could have on the market?

A

Given JZM looked after it I wonder why they didn't take it on or offer SOR :?:[/quote]

Have to say this was my immediate thought, to which the cynic in me then assumed it needed multiple 'bags' throwing at it to get it up to standard.

Just under 80k does seem quite cheap and allows a bit to cover any issues.

Having just got out of a gen 2 clubbie I know these cars are moving at the right money

There's all sorts of reasons cars sell at all sorts of prices. There's always an outlier too.

Selling anything two weeks before a pre election, pre brexit Xmas is going to be cheap. Apart from a turkey perhaps.

Original owner of that car is on this forum. Seats where bought and fitted by them.

:yeah:

Yes to all of the above. GT3s are massively seasonal. The market has softened, but as said selling any sort of toy a week before Xmas or in the winter is going to result in taking a bath.

Unfortunately you 'may" have missed a bargain, but you weren't in a position to move. Just don't expect every car on the market to now only be worth £80k. It's not how it works unfortunately. :wink:

My 2p worth:

It's not a Clubsport. There's no cage and I believe the CS only came with the fixed carbon buckets whereas these are the "folding buckets".

This car has clearly been tracked, probably lots judging by the gravel rash / peppering in the usual places. The c&b pedal rubbers look well used too. There's a hole in the driver's side bolster. It appears to have a leather steering wheel too which is unusual for a GT3 let alone a CS. Plastic dash is not desperately desirable (but not important). This one has axle lift though which is great if it's working, or apparently a £10k fix if it's not. As well as the yellow brake pads, it has a BMC air filter which will also need changing to be eligible for the Porsche Warranty.

Although the price does seem good, I would expect there to be some additional spend needed.

I'm not sure I'd be in a rush to buy through Collectingcars.com - I think they'd be fairly low on my list of possible ways to dispose of my car unless I was keen for a quick no comeback sale. "Consign for free, receive 100% of the selling price, sell your car in a week" will certainly appeal to someone who wants out of a money pit or get rid of something they know has either imminent or current issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back