Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior condensation

rickprice

Monza
Folks, a question of condensation.

First thing on a nice cold morning, the inside of the windscreen will be steamed up. When I turn on the from delisted (basically the fan, full speed) it actually gets worse before, after about 5 minutes, I can see through it.

Clearly the inside of the car has some moisture but how do I find out the source? The carpets do not seem overly wet.

Any ideas?

Rich

Rich are the bottom carpet section of your door cards wet :?:

This time of year we are getting into the cars often with wet feet / clothing so there will be more moisture in the car .

Not necessarily a leak but the usual door cards as mentioned , front drains by the battery .. if sunroof or cab then rear drains ...

Need to get your hand under the front and rear carpets just to make sure there is no water leak basically .

I would also make sure the a/c is working correctly .. low gas and it won't be as effective .. im kinda leaning towards this being the problem atm .

The drivers side door card is, indeed, soaking wet.

As is the foam under the carpet behind the seat.

So how do I sort it out?

Rich

Door card removed .. behind this is a metal panel .. this has the seal as part of it.

This is the part that needs replacing .

The part here basically which i'm not sure if it's correct for your car , there are 2 options depending on year ..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113701280974

1.5 hrs labour plus parts at a garage .

Is your car a cab or has it got a sunroof ?

Sunroof. Pointless thing. Let's sum in and buffets the wind so you have to open a window.

Off hand and it sounds like just the door card that needs replacing .. not uncommon shall we say ... rear end would be soaking wet if it was a sunroof drain blocked .. something to bear in mind though as a possible fault .

It's in the C Pillar .

Do you have a rear wiper?
If so water may be making its way in.
Any water in the rear window.
If you flip up the little flap on the wiper arm and then take off the nut and arm you will see a hard rubber grommet.
Pull this off and underneath there is a foam rubber seal.
Clean this carefully and the add some vaseline, then clean the hard rubber seal.
Some Gummipfledge on that, then really carefully, but force fully replace - you are trying to get a good seal here.
Then put the rear wiper back on.

Hopefully you will have a better seal.

Ah Rich ,sounds like you have found the issue and a very common one on these cars. DeMort (Ian) has pointed you to the fix hope it gets sorted easily for you , When mine started doing it I did both doors just to be safe. :thumb: :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back