Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air bag help please

wassy78

Silverstone
Hi I've a 996 and fitted 997 seats... My old seats was electric so are the 997... But haven't had the need to wire them as there in a perfect spot... But I haven't notice when as been working on my car for ages.. But I've got a air bag light on... The code is 30 passenger side... I've checked doors and dash air bag all seam plugged in... I was wondering is it because of the seats... Yet you can put aftermarket seats in... Can anyone please shed a light on this as I'm ready for losing the plot

997 seats will have an airbag in them unlike the 996 ones but the car wont recognise these airbags...

They are not wired in basically .

The fault code refers to the passenger door airbag being open circuit or short circuit or a faulty triggering unit .

You will need to remove the door card and see if its plugged in ... unplug it then plug it back in .. disconnect the battery first .

After that there is a special tool that is plugged into the wiring , if the fault code clears then it proves the airbag unit is faulty .

The only way you can turn off the airbag light is with a tester though .

EDIT ..

Image of the trigger unit you PMed about .. as mentioned .. it's not something you want to mess about with as it can trigger all the airbags in the car .

Attachments

• trigger_unit_823.jpg
    trigger_unit_823.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 773

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back