Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Colour

truckseller

Bought a 1999 3.4M 996 manual with 113,000 miles last month and dropped it off at the excellent D & G Motor Engineers in Newcastle for check over, service and MOT. Really pleased with it and it drives and feels beautiful but does anyone know what colour this is. I thought it was Zenith Blue but D & G thought it might be a special order colour, would just like to know, it has dark grey interior.
Thanks

Attachments

• 996_3_210.jpg
    996_3_210.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 2,988
  • 996_2_163.jpg
    996_2_163.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,988
  • 996_1_197.jpg
    996_1_197.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2,988
What is the paint code on the sticker?

MC

Option code sticker under the bonnet, or inside the service handbook.

MC

Thank you, do you know which of these is the "code" ? will I have to take this code to a dealer ?
Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• colour_2_204.jpg
    colour_2_204.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 2,953
  • colour_1_505.jpg
    colour_1_505.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2,953
L3AX Zenith Blue

MC

I can second that about D&G, I've just finished fitting all new arms and bushes to my C2 cab and then took mine in for a geometry set up a couple of weeks ago. It's absolutely spot on now and they've somehow managed to dial in more front end bite at my request!

I have bought 3 x 911,s all out of auction and all needing service and MOT, the first was 6 years ago and D&G had just set up but sorted the car really well.

It was good to go back last month with this 996 and see how well they have done.

They deserve much praise.

Welcome, I have the same colour, it is a bit wierd in that it varies depending on the light from light blue to purple which might be why you thought it was aspecial colour?
I love the colour but then I'm biased

I was not too keen when I bought it but when I went to pick it up from the garage it had been professionally detailed and I really love it.

Having said that I love everything about 911,s. My first was a 2007 Cab in Atlas grey with Savannah beige leather and I learnt to love that as well.

This is my first 996 after a few 997 Gen 1 and 2 and I am very impressed.

Thank you very much and enjoy.

Blurple is a good description , but I do like it, not sure I would choose it for a new one but love it with the dark grey interior !

Just over the moon with car, 3 or 4 years since my last 911.

"Blurple" Love it

It is quite a delicate colour, so I think it suits the slim hipped C2 but might not be macho enough for a C4 or turbo.

A least having this colour means that all my friends can refer to the car as the "Purple Pig"

It's growing on me but I would say that !

My last 997 was Guards red which I think takes some beating.

Regardless of colour I do love the car and am very happy with it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back