Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911.1 GT3 engine

krishcanag

Hi all

I am thinking of buying a 2014 GT3 but I have been told only the G6 engine is a safe bet, is this true

Krish

Great car, 2014 is with engine warranty from Porsche for 10yrs. 2015 engine doesn't have a warranty as they have the fixes already in place. If I am right my engine is the f-series engine, my preferred choice was a 2015 car for when I was buying. Which I did find in the end and I am chuffed, little extra bonus for me it's a PTS colour too.

Good luck with your find.

I asked a couple of 2014 cars sold by main dealers...they never mentioned anything about 10 year warranty only the normal car warranty

krishcanag said:
I asked a couple of 2014 cars sold by main dealers...they never mentioned anything about 10 year warranty only the normal car warranty

It's a 10 year/120k mile extended engine warranty from Porsche, and is passed to any new owner of an affected vehicle.

They replaced my engine with a g series and apparently it needs to be starting with a 6. It is an epic engine and the warranty gives me peace of mind. I have tweaked the car with a Brooke Race exhaust stage two and the DSC module (which is. a must)

991.2GTS said:
krishcanag said:

It's a 10 year/120k mile extended engine warranty from Porsche, and is passed to any new owner of an affected vehicle.

And it will run out in 4 years time.

Wonder how much a new engine will be when the warranty runs out.

Porsche will probably quote about £20k.

If it's just the cam lobe, would a new cam with follower be a suitable repair. Surely won't be beyond the expertise of a good indie.

This is crazy...I asked each of these dealers for the 10 year engine warranty and was told no there is not one !!!
What the hell!

You can't expect them to know anything about the cars they sell.

Magic919 said:

Yes I agree...when I asked one lady what is the engine..E, F or G she went away to ask service after first saying it's a 3.8 😂😂

krishcanag said:
Magic919 said:

Yes I agree...when I asked one lady what is the engine..E, F or G she went away to ask service after first saying it's a 3.8 😂😂

emailed :D

FYI, the first engine replacement I had had an invoice cost of circa £45K...
I saw the invoice as the OPC service manager went over it with me post install!
If your OPC service don't know about the warranty, then I'd go elsewhere.
I have it in writing from Porsche GB

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back